Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I adopted a 4 year old mini lop about 3 weeks ago. I was told he is a neutered male. He has free roam of my bedroom. Yesterday I awoke to find him pulling his belly hair out and had made a nest under my desk in the corner! I thought only prego girl bunnies did this! I haven't been able to pick him up and see his "parts" as he grunts and lunges at me if I try to. He also has a big dewlap(fat under his chin). I also thought only females had this. Any suggestions, advice or anyone know what's going on will be greatly appreciated. I haven't really found any luck with this issue any where else and don't have money right now for a vet trip. Thanks!:tyvm:

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
think you have a little girl there, could be pregnant or could be a false pregnancy, just have to wait and see

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much. that is what I was thinking. I posted some pics in the gallery if you'd like to see. His name is Spence, but if turns out to be a girl I am going to change it to LambChop, cuz he/she looks like a little lamb. again, thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Yeah, it does sound like your neutered male could really be an unspayed female. Usually only females, or really really fat males have dewlaps. And a male wouldn't pull it's fur out and nest like that, or at least I've never heard of a male doing that.

·
Registered
196 Posts
well if she is a girl, I hope she's not pregnant. Baby bunnies are hard to handle.. not that I've had them but that's just what I've heard.

I found this good website which a friend of mine said was reliable (she had baby bunnies and referred to this website)

http://www.mybunny.org/info/newborn.htm

Hope it helps if you do have baby bunnies on your hands!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts