Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

What are your/links to your favorite recipes? Or maybe list some things that could be added and is shelf stable if I keep it in a sealed bag. Please help! I hate the food that is on the market because most of my rats are still basically tweens--- haha! (no older than 7 weeks)

·
Registered
242 Posts
I do a staple lab block (Oxbow Regal Rat) and a grain mix daily, the grain mix includes Total cereal, tri colored veggie pasta, plain uncooked rolled oats, and puffed wheat. And then they get veggies and fruits everyday (things I always have in the house like cucumber, carrots, broccoli, blueberries and apple slices, etc.) and something protein-ish twice a week. My girls love wet cat food, hard boiled eggs/eggs scrambled in rice or soy milk, and mushrooms as their protein. I also give them a little bit of seed mix once a week as a treat. But that's literally like, half a bowl full every Sunday because they like the sunflower seeds lol.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Here's a thread about homemade food mixes that Shayna&Liam first started a while back. If you scroll down a couple posts, you can see my food mix in there, as well as some other people's suggestions. Also, look up the "Shunamite" diet. It's the British homemade diet, which I have adapted for my boys. They have done very well on this diet.

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f16/...ingredients-ok-58470.html?highlight=shunamite

1 - 3 of 3 Posts