Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bob Martin flea drops for dogs (http://www.bobmartin.co.uk/) are SERIOUSLY toxic to cats.
There is an ingredient in them called permethrin, which as far as I am aware, is only in the Bob Martin brand.
If you accidentally put the dog flea drops onto your cat, it will cause them a horrible death.

Even if your cat comes into contact with a dog who has these drops put on them, it can still be toxic.

God knows how this can still be for sale.

This is NOT a scare story. My sister is a vet nurse, and she has seen this happen to many cats.
Last night, she watched another one die from this.
There is not much awareness of this.
If you have a dog, I strongly advise you to avoid this brand, especially if you also have a cat.

Author:
AngelMutley

·
I am allergic to maths
1,318 Posts
Thats crazy! Imo Bob Martin brand is cheap and crappy, it just doesnt work but ill keep that in mind. Also, the shampoo can be toxic to cats

·
Banned
507 Posts
Well its good that we don't get fleas up here, I've never used any flea/tick products on my dog. But now I will definitely stay away from that brand. Thank you for the info!

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
That is very good to know, thank you! Right now I am using revoluntion for my cats, even though they are indoor just in case.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts