Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's about my life and I'm sorry but I need help from unbiased people. I need out from my parents house...fast. I don't have a vehicle, and my parents won't let me buy the one I have driven for 8 years unless I maintain it to THEIR standards, even though I'm just starting out. So fine, whatever, they gave me their word but oh well. I need a job, need a vehicle, and need a place to move to. This town makes me feel trapped. I loved it growing up, but it's closing in around me! I hate small areas like the city! I don't know what I'll get back on my taxes, but whatever I get it's going towards a vehicle. I prefer a truck, but whatever I can get that's in good condition, I'll deal with...but man I want that Chevy half ton! Anyway...I got a guy that is interested in me. I care about him too and I'm wondering if maybe we can just be roommates and I move in with him then get a job, any job that pays. I don't know what to do. I'm living under my parents thumb CONSTANTLY and it isn't good. I am not good with restrictions. I don't do crazy stuff but I am not good when told you can't do this or that. My mom is back trying to live my life, and that's going GREAT....she butts in, I get mad and somehow I start the fight. ugh. I'm sorry to rant but any suggestions would be appreciated...

I did hint to the guy the roommate suggestion but won't push it. I don't want to force anyone to be with me, it won't make them happy or me happy. I'll I suggested was a roommate, so we'll see. God I hope I can get a vehicle!

· Registered
2,020 Posts
i personally when i was younger went through something similair I highly recommend that you get the vechile first, then move towards getting a job then move out, The last thing you want to do is rely on a roommate,or anyone else for that fact besides yourself. I know this after learning the hard way and ending back up at my parents twice.I can imagain it would be hard, with a parent that breathes down your throat all the time, my mom was like that. but patience and working towards all these things will be worth it in the end.exspecially when you can stand on your own to feet and not have to worry.

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I need to do that, but also anything I do she has something ot say...something I did wrong. She promised me the ranger when i was 18, 21, 24 and now when I can maintain it like they want. And same with the horse THEY bought me at 16. You can have her at 18, 21, 24, when you can afford her. You know what? If you're going ot make promises but not follow through, don't make em! Cause it only aggrivates me and then you get mad that I'm frustrated and say I start fights!

If I buy a vehicle she'll have something to say. Says I shouldn't get a vehicle utnil I can maintain it. But guess what! James (ex-fiance remember) is living here and they are paying for his maintenance! And I'm looking for a job harder than he is! Why does it seem they are nicer to someone who isn't part of the family...don't get me started on that! They tell him it's dinner and I get leftovers...but ANYWAY

I am looking for ANYTHING...even temp work! I seriously can't stand this! She barges in without knocking but knocks for James, and I have to knock...WTF? Is it just me or are they TRYING to drive me insane?

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I mean, I'm outside CONSTANTLY just to avoid the house. I still feel trapped! I can't escape this feeling....I'm going to therapy due to the abusive relationship I got out of...actually I'm trying to work out problems I have with my mother more than the abuse! I know it's going to sound INSANE but the abuse isn't a problem for me. He'll get justice eventually, even if it's when he meets his maker. Plus I believe in karma so that's not a problem! It's my mother! She says I pick fights and scold HER! How? I just ask her to knock and show the same respect she shows everyone else. "well it doesn't bother me" GREAT! It bothers me! Do I matter? ARGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm sorry but I'm going insane! OH I forgot to mention. My drunk father picks fights then reminds me I don't have to live here. DUH!!! Give me the vehicle like you promised I'll be out even faster!

· Registered
2,020 Posts
I mean, I'm outside CONSTANTLY just to avoid the house. I still feel trapped! I can't escape this feeling....I'm going to therapy due to the abusive relationship I got out of...actually I'm trying to work out problems I have with my mother more than the abuse! I know it's going to sound INSANE but the abuse isn't a problem for me. He'll get justice eventually, even if it's when he meets his maker. Plus I believe in karma so that's not a problem! It's my mother! She says I pick fights and scold HER! How? I just ask her to knock and show the same respect she shows everyone else. "well it doesn't bother me" GREAT! It bothers me! Do I matter? ARGGGGGGGGGGGG

I'm sorry but I'm going insane! OH I forgot to mention. My drunk father picks fights then reminds me I don't have to live here. DUH!!! Give me the vehicle like you promised I'll be out even faster!
dont be sorry i sorta know where your coming from. if you wish your more then welcome to inbox me and i can explain more, of the situation as to how it went for me when i was younger and maybe we can find a solution for you while chatting :) just an idea, your also more then welcome to rant all you want. God knows i do my fair share of ranting.

· Registered
5,304 Posts
I suggest not getting a truck, they take too much gas. buy something with good milage.

Look into sites that help with your resume and fix it up better.

Apply to any and all jobs that you qualify for and wouldn't HATE, (if you can't work nights don't apply to night only shifts...) If you don't hear back in 3-4 days call them. Ask for the manager or director that is in charge of hiring.

If you get an interview then be prepared, look up the company write down questions you would have (starting wage? hours a week? chances to work your way up in the system?)

The next day hand deliver a thank you card to the person that did the interview (MAKE SURE YOU ASK THEIR NAME)

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the advice Kendalle. I am willing to get a BUG! And I'm NOT a fan of those! But anything for my first car. I am so tense even thinking about getting a vehicle because my mom is the type of person who will criticize ANYTHING! And she'll be mad I didn't take her with me. But if I take her we'll get the car SHE wants not the car I want and can afford! I'm not playing the "you can get it but only if you do this..." game anymore. I'm 24 and not your puppet. Don't hold my leash tight and expect me to not pull! I've told you that! She doesn't get that if she wants me to listen better, let me do what I want when I want...then I won't care if I do it.
Sadly I have the mentality of if you say I CANT I'll prove you wrong. You tell me Don't I do it and you say I won't I'll say watch me. I mean, of course to reason. My friends get that! My EX gets that...why can't you when I explain it to you?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.