Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found this guy in my laundry room and am debating on what to do with him. It's about 40 out here and I don't know whether that's too cold or not for him. Any ideas? I'm ok with him in my laundry room but I worry about food for him. :scratch2:

He's in a plastic, party-type cup if that gives any size indication.

Attachments

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Obviously I'm not going to get a response at 3am, so for the night I have him in a 5 gallon aquarium. I grabbed some leaves from outside (still on the tree) and some grass and put it in one corner - he's hiding in those. I also have a shallow bowl of filtered water in there (didn't have any spring). Any suggestions are welcome! I'm fresh out of bugs, too. :lol:

I have no desire to keep a wild animal as a pet, I just don't want to kill him by putting him outside if it's too chilly right now. He was apparently inside for a reason ... :scratch:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm ... I posted on a reptile forum I found and the response was along the lines of 'that should be good until it warms up, just go get some crickets for a couple weeks.' :yikes: I hadn't planned on keeping him through the winter! :lol: I emailed my vet to see if she knows anything about their normal wild winter habits. :scratch:

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
:) I got the same answer a couple times, he went outside at about 3pm. Thanks Mandie!

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
:lol: Don't want to take a wild thing and entrap it, is all. ;) I have no problem with reptiles at all, just don't have time to add another species.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts