Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Broken Leg! Injured Mouse! Help Asap

Hey Guys! This evening i could hear my cat yowling at the back door, so i went to check on her and she had a small mouse in her mouth, after finally shooing her away from the mouse i got a travel container (for rodents) and put down some paper towel, a lid with some water and a bit of Broccoli inside, in hopes to make her feel more comfortable, her leg broken, i can see where it is, she can't use it. but she tries a lot, and it doesn't look too bad, but i am hoping for some advice on several things. will she get better? do mice heal from broken legs? i plan on calling the vet for more advice but i would appreciate any help anyone would be able to give to me tonight, as i am looking after him tonight and want him to be in his best comfort. and being as late as it is i can't call until atleast 2 days because the vets around here aren't open until then. PLEASE HELP. i really don't know what to do with this little one! :confused::confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
wild mice carry lots of illnesses, and cat saliva carries illnesses too so your mouse may be beyond help. Take it to the vet and see what they say but you may have to put it to sleep.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
If the leg is broken, there is probably not much that can be done for her, sadly. Keep her warm and you might try giving her some baby rice porridge, but taking her to a vet is the best idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts