Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Introduce your Pets

Well I just thought it would be fun if we all introduced our pets. . . again, so that way everyone can get to know all the pets and its easier to learn about everyones pets if its all in one place (mostly)

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~
Okay, first up in Kiwi

Kiwi, is a 8 going a 9 year old yorkie poo (yorkshire and poodle). She has an identity problem, as sometimes she thinks shes cat. Kiwi is very much a lap dog and is very fast. She had surgery on her leg, I think it was to remove a rotten bone- when she was little. Kiwi is quite funny looking, to me at least and she can say 'mom' if my mom isn't paying attention to her, yes she can say mom.
Her birthday is somewhere around May 19th(my birthday!) and she smells. (just kidding. . . not)

(my stupid computer just erased everything about the other pets so i'll post it later)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Greyt idea for a thread! I may have to make two posts to introduce everyone...we will see!

Benjamin and Hatchet
These are my new kitties.After some research I decided I wanted a cat and well I ended up getting two! I love them so much.They are awesome and very sweet.Benjamin is more cuddly and affectionate then his brother.Hatchet will come to me for loves when he wants to and not when I want him to.Benji on the other hand is always following me around and always wanting my attention.They are about 10 weeks old now.

Rascal
This little guy I just adopted.The girl who owned him before couldn't keep him anymore and I agreed to take him in.Rascal is very sweet and quite soft for a male rat.He's a black broken hooded standard ratty.About 8 months old.I just got him,so I don't know alot about his personality yet,except he does push his litter out of his cage every morning!

Kahlua
This is my baby ratty of the bunch.He is a siamese standard.He's about 1 1/2 months.He is such a silly little thing.Very,very hyper and always jumping on the cage bars for my attention.He loves being under my hair or in my clothes.Kahlua also likes to groom me and give kisses.He also likes eyelashes!!

Ninja
Ninja is my boy! My li'l man! He loves being with me and is quite silly.He is a black self dumbo.Ninja is pretty lazy for the most part,but during free range time if you tickle his bum or hand wrestle him,he gets super excited and starts bounding all over the room like nuts! He goes crazy and then grabs my hand and licks it or runs up to my shoulder.He is truly a crazy little thing.He is very sweet too and gives kisses.

Frosty
My oldest boy.He's a platinum dumbo.He has some cataracts now.Frosty is very laid back and cuddly.And just wants to be loved.During free range time,he is more content to come sit in my lap then anything.He is super sweet.

Milkshake and Misty
These are my last remaining mice.Both are quite friendly and social for mice.They beg for my attention,just as the rats do.They always greet me at the cage door for attention or treats.Very sweet.Misty (the older spotted girly) will sit in my hand for a long time.Milkshake likes being handled,but rather explore then sit around.

JJ (Juggalo Joe)
My little fluff ball syrian hammie.I got him from a girl who had a litter of hamsters she wanted to get rid of.I went to see them,just to LOOK.Well I fell in love with JJ and took him home the same day! He is super sweet,as far as hamsters go.He begs for my attention and will chew the bars if I am too slow to take him out.Once out he will sit in my hand for abit,then after some petting,he likes exploring and LOVES his ball.Because of his long fur,he often gets knots.I can't brush them out,so I often have to cut them out.JJ is my first hamster in many yrs.The last time I had a hamster I was a kid.

Apolla
My guinea pig girl.A friend of mine had to find a home for Apolla due to where she lived.I took the piggy in as a favor.Then I learned she may be mine.I grew attached to this silly little piggy! She is super cuddly and will sit and watch TV with me.She also talks to me in the mornings when she wants her morning salad and hay.She is super cute.Unfortunatly my friend may be moving soon and because she misses Apolla,she may take her back! I knew that it may of not been final when I took Apolla in,but I have became attached.

Those are my furries.I am gonna post my non-furries in a second.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts

Mystta and Bear
These are my leopard geckos.Mystta is a blizzard morph.She is about 10 yrs old or so now.She was given to me when the breeder had to make room.She is barren.And any eggs she does lay are "duds".Bear is a "classic" morph and is about 5-6 yrs old.He came from a different breeder.She was moving out of province and gave him to me.He was actually my first gecko.Mystta "likes" handling more so then Bear.Bear tends to like and sit on my head.Obviously my geckos have very little personality and see me as a food provider only...but I still love them!

Slinky
This is my African giant millipede.I have had her about 2 yrs now (I think).She was given to me by a friend.I was looking everywhere for a millipede,after doing research,but couldn't find one.One day my friend contacted me up and said she had a millipede for me! I was sooo suprised and excited! And well here she is today.A member here on this forum named her for me!! :D Slinky no longer secretes her defense on me,she seems to recognize me.Because anybody else that handles her,she secretes.I love my millipede and am in search of a mate.But they are hard to get here.

I also have fish,an African clawed frog and a colony of isopods...no good pictures of any of them,but I love them all!!!!!

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I guess I'll finish posting the rest of them now, while I don't have anything better to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kibbles

Kibbles, is my sheltie. He's a purebred 4ish 5ish year old sheltie,that my parents got me as an early Christmas present one year.He's super fat, well not really, but he is quite overweight and really needs to lose some pounds. But with all that fat, theres a whole alot of him to love,and he's such a fat little love bug. I think he's a bit big for a sheltie if you compare him to other ones, he's bigger (in size). Kibbles is all mine, but he like other people, and all my pets (which he thinks are supposed to be his babies, for him to take care of).He's super smart too,

Kiko Cheerios

Cheerios, is my corn snake. I've had her for almost a year now and she should be around 2 years old. I've been told shes a 'Sunkissed Okeetee' corn snake, but I don't really know about the different morphs. She super friendly, and has never bitten anyone. She lives in my room,in her tank - which I hvae to get some new pictures of to show her set up- she come out every once in a while,mostly when my friends are here, or I'm watching my friends birds and their taking a fly around, she likes to come out of where ever shes hiding to take a look and see what going on (don't worry, the tank cover is locked and I put some books on it or something heavy and a blanket so everyones safe)

I also have fish the newest being 'Jesus' my Betta, I also have cichlids-Roy,Franklin,The Unnamed One, and a black Skirt Tetra that lives with them - Bingo
And I might be getting some dwarf puffer sometime in the next couple of months so be watching for them.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
My Four Ratties:

Hercules
A very playful boy, Herc loves to be scratched and tickled. He will chase my hand and sidekick me if I poke him.

Zorro
My big man! :) He is a big squishy and loves to just sit on my lap and watch TV. He doesn't really like to be pet, but wants to be on or near me most of the time. This is his "snake" picture. I love the angle, he looks a mile long.

Jack
My smallest boy. Jack and Apollo are dwarfs, so they are little guys. Jack loves to give kisses and ride around on my shoulder. He is very sweet and gentle. :heart:

Apollo
My other dwarf, but bigger than his brother. He likes to run around really fast and popcorn, but he hasn't quite figured out how to play with me yet.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I can't get pictures for all of the fish...sorry :lol:.

But here are the others...

This is Rocky, my four-year-old (well, almost) Standard Dachshund. I got him when he was 11 weeks old and he's extremely mischievous and hyper :rolleyes:. I love him anyways, though, haha!

I also have a three-year-old American Cocker Spaniel named Sophie. She's the dog on the right, on the left is my mom's Cocker (Bambi). In the second picture they were playing in a tennis court off-season.

Then I have two house rabbits, Elvis and Fiona.

Elvis is around seven or eight years old and was adopted from an animal sanctuary. He had a lot of behavioral problems which we worked on for a while. He's been doing really well and hasn't bitten in over a year. Elvis does rabbit "hopping" (aka bunny agility) and loves learning new things.

Fiona is two years old and was bought from a breeder during a rabbit show (she was four months old). She's very sweet and cuddly...a definite lap bunny. Sometimes she can be a troublemaker, though, and tends to escape from her cage at night :rolleyes:.

I also have two degus, Hikaru and Brenda. Hikaru is about four and half years old and was purchased from a really nice petstore when she was a baby. Brenda was from a breeder I met in early Autumn. She's about seven months old. Both are pretty friendly, although Hikaru is very independent. Hikaru is also well-behaved to the point where I can have her free-range...I can't say the same for Brenda, haha.

Hikaru is the one in the first picture and Brenda is in the second.

To be continued...

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
This my Crested Gecko, Draco. He's a little over a year old and I bought from a really great breeder at a reptile expo. Draco is calm and very tame. He hates crickets for some reason but goes nuts for phoenix worms (which are expensive, haha). He lost his tail when he escaped while I was on vacation.

I recently bought two Firebelly Toads who have been named Merry and Pippin. Merry is outgoing to the point of jumping onto my hand...he's always out and about and loves the water. Pippin is the total opposite...he's very nervous around people, doesn't hang out in the water too much, and spends most of the day in his log hide. Pippin is an amazing hunter, though. I don't have good pictures of them yet but here is a photo (very blurry, unfortunately) of Merry:

Then of course I have my dart frog, Lucas. He's your average Leuc in personality...active and outgoing. He has a funny habit of climbing up the glass like a treefrog and loves to give me heart attacks by sleeping in odd positions. When he's sleepy you can poke him and he still won't move...

As everyone probably knows, I have a bunch of fish...both freshwater and marine :D. Since there's no way I can get pictures up of everyone I'll just post a few random fish photos.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
Everyone probably already knows all about my rabbits, Zeus and Barnaby. Zeus will be 2 in June, he's a blue neitherlands dwarf that my boyfriend got me. He's usually really hyper and has a fun personality.

Barnaby just turned 1 in November, but I've only had him since last August. I got him from someone who didn't want him anymore because of allergies. He's shy and alot calmer then Zeus but is a real sweetheart.

Kibwe is my african clawed frog that I got when he was still an egg, on March 23rd. For some reason though, he has a deformaty in both his front legs and he can't move them at all, so I have to hand feed him. This picture of him was from when he was only a few months old, and still had a tail.

And then I have two betta fish, Kiet (male) and Kanya (female). I got them both at the same time and have had them for almost a year. I don't really have any good pictures of them, for some reason all the pictures I take of them come out really blury.

------------------------------------------------------------
Those are my pets, then living at my parents house theres Naomi - she's a 10 year old cocker spaniel.

And Toby, a 11 year old budgie.

My brother also has 2 goldfish that don't have names, and 2 african clawed frogs that are Kibwe's brothers, he named them Tator and NuNe.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I know I haven't been very active lately... 8( But here are my pets... 8P

Odie, 4.5 year old chihuahua mix... I got him when he was a week old and bottle-fed him.

Charlotte is a 4.5 year old whippet/lab mix. She was a stray and I took her when she was 4 months old. She's the black one. Valentina is a 4.5 year old lab mix. She's the cream-colored one. She was adopted by my BIL from a shelter, and then I inherited her. Carolina is a 2 year old corgi/lab mix. My BIL found her running around an avenue as a 6-week old puppy and picked her up, later I also inherited her. She's the brown one.

Algernon is a 1 year, 3 months old albino rat.

Also, I have 12 mice, all are over a year old, some almost 2. These pictures are kinda old, and I put them as links cause they are too many.
Sugarcube:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Sugarcube.jpg
Tick:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Tick.jpg
Tigre:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Tigre.jpg
Trocanter:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Trocanter-1.jpg
Arwen:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Arwen.jpg
Epona:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Eponabrindling.jpg
Femur:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Femur-1.jpg
Kendra:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Kendra.jpg
Nova:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Nova.jpg
Picolli:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Picolli.jpg
Goldie:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Goldie.jpg
Germaine:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Germaine-1.jpg

I also have 4 gerbils. All are over 3 years old, except Sauvignon who is 2 years old. Again, I put the pics as links:
Weevil:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Weevil.jpg
Nicodemus:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Nicodemus.jpg
Sauvignon:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Sauvignon.jpg
Dori:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/Padfoot83/Dori.jpg

A RES/YBS turtle named Funiculi:

A leopard gecko named Cleopatra:

Last, but not least, I have a freshwater fishtank with several fish, my favorite one is a 2.5 year old featherfin synodontis:

I think that's everyone... phew, that was long...

·
Registered
6,028 Posts
Wonderful pics everyone! :D

Here are my pets!

~OSA~ My Shep/Chow mix

~Buddy~ One of the neighbor cat who thinks he lives here...well, he practically does!

~Harriette~ Diva Guinea Pig

~Twinkie~ (Biological Daddy of Gonzo, PeeWee and Puff)

~Gonzo~ .....................................................................~PeeWee~

~Puff~............................. ........................................~Stubby~ (stepdaddy, raised chicks w/SugarMama) and ~SugarMama~(no longer have her)

~Chip~ (we call her Chipper).................................................~Dale~ (we call him Loco)

·
Aspires to Stupidity
2,312 Posts
China (Black & White) and Hyrum (Grey). They're brothers and will be 4 years old on March 3rd. I've had them since they were 2 months. My moms cat had 7 boys and I took two of them. I was only going to take one, but I figured it would be better if he had a friend. :D

And this is Phoenix. She's 3/4 doberman and 1/4 german sheppard. She's 2 years old and her birthday is September 4th. I got her when she was 4 months old from a farm.

Just kidding...here's a nice pic of her, lol. :D I was trying to take her bone away and she's wasn't too happy about it....I lost by the way, lol.

I also have a freshwater aquarium, but I only have two fish at the moment cause most of them died from ich. I have a red eye tetra and a dojo loach. I only have a pic of the loach though.

Here's the tank all fresh and clean. :D

And this is Wormdude.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Everyone's pets are beautiful!
Here's Mine:
Okay, This silly little guy is Dexter, a Red Ear Slider. I think he is 3 yrs old now. This is an old pic. I also have a baby Alligator Snapping Turtle but I don't have any pictures of her yet. She is Dee Dee.

This is my 3.5 yr old Iguana named Haily.

~My Dogs~
This is my 2.5 yr old Aussie, Avalanche. He has been neutered (Thats why he is so fat lol).

This is my pride and Joy, Rascal. A 3.5 yr old Min. Pin. (He has also been neutered hence the weight lol)

This is my babygirl,Reba. A min pin/Chi.

And last is my 4.5 yr old Chi. Buster Brown

~Cats~
Shaylynn, my 11 month old femal Siemese.

Paris, 12 month old female Demostic Shorthair.

And lastly my 9 month old male Persian, Grant.

I'll post my others in a little bit.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Kyo ~ Standard Grey chinchilla 1year and 14 day old today:D

Krypto ~ Mosaic White chinchilla he'll be one on February 27

Kit-Kat a.k.a Kitty ~ She will be 7yrs old in April

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts

Gunny is my little girl. She loves to play with Xena. She lives with me and my fiance James

Xena lives with James and me and is Gunny's best friend

Suess and Jester live with my parents. Suess is the one on top. They are best friends.

Winter lives with my parents. I have had her for many years...I just can't ride her much anymore since I don't live with my parents

Panda lives with my parents. She is pittbull but very sweet and wouldn't hurt a fly

Junior is my dads horse

Tulli is our bull. Sweetest bull you will ever meet

Bessie is my cow. Well technically she is my parents cow but I claim her

Waffles is James and my dog but stays with my parents since we can only have two animals and he is best friends with Panda

Thats all my animals

·
Registered
58 Posts

Slinky
This is my African giant millipede.I have had her about 2 yrs now (I think).She was given to me by a friend.I was looking everywhere for a millipede,after doing research,but couldn't find one.One day my friend contacted me up and said she had a millipede for me! I was sooo suprised and excited! And well here she is today.A member here on this forum named her for me!! :D Slinky no longer secretes her defense on me,she seems to recognize me.Because anybody else that handles her,she secretes.I love my millipede and am in search of a mate.But they are hard to get here.

I also have fish,an African clawed frog and a colony of isopods...no good pictures of any of them,but I love them all!!!!!

Oh my goodness Vanilla, i have MILLIONS of those here, they are ALL over! I dont understand why you like them as pets??? Hahahaha :) Over here it would be like keeping a flee or ant as a pet. Hahaha :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Oh my goodness Vanilla, i have MILLIONS of those here, they are ALL over! I dont understand why you like them as pets??? Hahahaha :) Over here it would be like keeping a flee or ant as a pet. Hahaha :)
I love her.I love things like this.
You should send me some! Hahaha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Alright, i have 3 rats, 3 dogs and 2 cats. Here we go now!

~*Eclipse

~*Tofu or Hatchet! (still deciding on names!)

~Shot Together

~*Bruno

I shall add pics of my cats, Clooney and Paddy, my rat, Valentino and my other sausage dog, Savannah as soon as i manage to take some pics :) Which should be tomorrow :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Cuties! Name your ratty Hatchet! I have a kitty named Hatchet.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
I love Bruno!

1 - 20 of 94 Posts