Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I own a dance studio, & it's a 24/7 kind of job. The one other activity I've found that distracts my mind from the endless (although exciting) cycles of devising choreography & lesson plans, administration, & producing performances is caring for critters! My latest acquisitions are 2 PDs, both males, named Charlie & Diggity--just picked them up a week ago today! Having a prairie dog to squeeze has been on my bucket list since I was a kid, but I only recently found out that people care for them as pets. So I've been researching & have talked to folks who have them, & now I'm privileged to be among those who are owned by prairie dogs!

These boys are 4 months old & have been handled a lot by the exotic animal broker I got them from. It's a family run place, & the wife & kids do a lot of hand-raising, so my diggy boys were very friendly already. Charlie is really laid back & sweet most of the time, but he seems to have periods when he gets super-busy & can't be bothered with cuddles. Diggity is more dominant & has these adorably prominent buck teeth, & he was the first to "smile" his greetings at me. I wasn't sure at first if he was warning me, like baring his teeth snarly-style, or if he was greeting me, or having a medical issue..... But now we nose-bonk when he smiles, & he loves that!

I'm enjoying every minute of getting to know them, & I look forward to getting to know you fellow PD-lovers & to learning about these fascinating creatures from you!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts