Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my sister called me today and tells me she saved 6 kittens from death this morning... Apparently the previous owner was seen at the park (by my nephew and his friends) drowning his cat and her kittens because he couldn't keep them anymore. He had them in a squirrel trap and was putting them in the lake. :mad2::mad2: The mother sadly was already dead, but my nephew and his friends managed to get the kittens from him after calling the police.

As far as I know the guy was arrested, don't know what is going to happen to him. I think he is mentally challenged or something, I don't know what would make someone think that that was the ONLY way to get rid of their animals...

Anyways, here's some pictures of the little girl that we decided to keep. We've been wanting a cat for a while, but haven't seen any at the local shelter that we could take, because we have dogs, and rats and snakes and turtles, etc that the cat would have to get along with, so a kitten just seemed right and this little girl had a rough start. She's approximately 6 -7 weeks old.

We named her Jill. The color in the first few pics is weird... my camera was on the wrong setting lol.

I'll get some more exciting pictures tomorrow, she's had a rough day and just wants to cuddle up in her blankie and purr. :)

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
She's so cute! I'm so happy that you saved her! Poor mama..how could somebody do that? :(

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know, It's ridiculous. We live in a really small town in the mountains, we get a lot of weirdos out here...

Now to just get my 80 lb 2 year old pit bull to calm down when he sees her lol. He is still a puppy (kind of, well, he acts like one) and he has never been around cats before. He doesn't try to eat her or anything, but I think he thinks she is a toy when I carry her around and he gets really really hyper. She's not afraid of him at all, she doesn't get scared when he's hopping around and whining. It'll just take time, and soon they will be best friends. The dog is great with all my rats, he doesn't bother them at all when they are out on the couch with me. So I'm confident that he will accept the kitten soon as well. :)

If anyone in southern CA wants a kitten, my sister has 5 more that need good, loving homes! :):)

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
She found the dog food, haha

Poker (my doggy) is learning to share with the kitty, he's doing really good so far when he is on his leash. I'm teaching him to lay down when the kitty is near. He just wants to play with her, but he plays rough, so he has to learn boundaries first. She walks right up to him and starts playing with his dog tags and then runs away and he wants to chase her and pin her down with his nose, she was covered in drool a few mins ago after he licked her to death lol.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
lol cuties!

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Aww! She is adorable, I'm glad the kittens were saved. I love when dogs and cats play and get along. :)

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She didn't actually eat any dog food, she couldn't seem to crunch the Canidae in her little baby jaws (lol) so she gave up within 2 minutes. 10 minutes later, though, I go in the other room to see that my dog ate all of her food off the counter... haha. Gonna have to find a higher spot. :p

·
Registered
802 Posts
Poor little guys, that owner was sick. Those kittens looks so frightened.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Sweetie! She looks just like baby, Cleo. I like the color of your pitbull, its almost blue.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The plant was moved after she was caught digging in it, thankfully... I didn't know they were poisonous to pets! Thanks for the info, I'm putting all my plants up until I check out if any others are poisonous as well. Now that we have a cat, she gets into EVERYTHING haha.

And yea, Poker is very shiny, everyone says that, haha. He has a good coat because he is on hollistic canidae dry food. He's allergic to regular Canidae, so he needs the expensive stuff, lol. :)

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
figures! they always make us get the expensive stuff! my cats only use teh expensive litter...weirdos =P

·
Registered
423 Posts
She is so adorable. I'm glad she found such a good home. I can't believe someone would do that to another living thing. Drowning is such a horrible way die. Someone should stick him a squirrel trap and hold him underwater for a few, see how he likes it.

They are so cute together your Pitt is so well behaved.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
not only is that kitten ADORABLE!

but your dog is GORGEOUS! His fur is so shiny! and I love the color :) Seems like for now the doggy is a little too interested haha but you're doing really good introducing them to each other :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts