Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi everyone,I hope i'm welcome as a foreigner (Notice most of youare from America or thereabouts!)
Its hard to find a British forum with people as dedicated to rodents as i notice all of you are, so i've chosen this one as my new rodent home :)
I currently keep:
Mice (normal and fancy)
Rats (normal)
Multi-mammate mice
Gerbils (normal)
Next week i add to my collection:
Egyptian spiny mice
Striped Grass mice
Hairless mice
I have kept guinea-pigs for years, but my last boy passed away in November and i haven't the heart to get more right now.
and My friend is aquiring a trio of Hairless rats which i have first picks on babies for when they arrive!
I breed my rodents on a fair scale and produce around 60 mice, 60 Multi's and between 30-50 rats per month! though we are on a cooling period at the moment and have the males seperated to give the females and ourselves a well deserved rest from babies!
So hello to you all, and i will get some pictures up of our collection soon!
rgds

·
Registered
745 Posts
Welcome to Paw talk!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Hello and welcome.
We LOVE pictures here,so I do hope you will share with us.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Hey!! Welcome!! I'm sure you will love it here! Everyone is very friendly and helpful! I am fairly new myself, but have been quickly accepted into the "PT family"!! I can't wait to see your pics!!

·
Registered
159 Posts
welcome!

i have never seed a hairless mouse but i have see a hairless rat and even a gunea pig it looked really cool. i have always wondered do they be extra cold? do you have to give them alot of beding or a heat lamp or somthing?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi and thank you, i've just got to get my posts up to 20 and i can post some pictures for you all! I love taking pictures of animals! :D

As for the hairless mice, i have never owned them before, but i know other people that breed them and they appear to be hard to get hold of, especially new bloodlines.
as for heating i'm not entirely sure, i am going to ask around but until then, they with have a carboard box with tissue inside maybe even a heatpad depending what the temperature in the room is, i'm sure they'll cuddle up together too!
I've never seen one in the flesh so i am sooo excited :p

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
I have never had hairless mice,but I have had hairless rats and they do need to be kept warmer then the furred guys.Mine loved fleece! :D

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
:welcome2:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts