Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today introduced oscar to the girls and it went famously. first the girls didn't want to be there because they were back in the bathtub a few days after their first bath, but then after a little power grooming, they seem to have all settled down.

i have reason to beleive they were from the same litter, so maybe they remember each other? or do introductions with boys to girls tend to go smoother?

they've been kept in the same room, so could they be familiar with each others smells?

i don't really get how it went so smoothly, seeing as all other intro's i've done have not been that way, but i really appreciate it. i've put them in the same cage and are keeping an eye on them, but there hasn't been a peep in an hour now. can i go to sleep? or should i put oscar back in his cage?

(by the way, oscar has had the snip)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Oh, phew! At first I was reading and going "why are you letting a brother breed with his sisters?!?!" Haha! Then after the last line I remembered that you got him neutered. I don't know that much about introducing males to females, but I hope it all works out for you. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
there's only been one little bit of ruckus so far, the only thing i've heard is rats moving around the cage. it's going really well so far

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Well, it sounds like things are going really well, so they will probably be ok together. I think it's possible that they could remember each other. It wouldn't hurt to take him out before you go to bed if you are worried at all, but if you think they are all ok then maybe just leave him in there. I don't know, it's up to you, haha.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
I guess if you wanted you could put the cage in your room and if any thing started the noise would wake you, if your not comfortable with it i'd seperate them and start again tomorrow

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Sometimes intros just go smoothly like that. I don't think I've ever had an intro go bad.

If you are concerned put the cage somewhere where you can hear it or just separate them and try tomorrow.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i left oscar in the cage because it's already in my bedroom. no noise. i think this is the best intro i've ever had.

i'm glad to say that they're all cuddled up in their little house thing, well, they were when i came in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts