Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

is 2 months too old to introduce a new/younger rat to it's cage?

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Blacksheep 
#1 ·
I really want Eva to have a friend because she really did love Buster. She's growing up fast though, but she IS still really small. Is it too late :/ ? The other girl would probably be 2 weeks younger.

I need help with this! I've never had to do this because my 2 rats live separately because Maeby is an old mama who hates being introduced to new rats. I think she's a product of bad breeding even though she's lovely to us humans. I LOVE her Siamese coat. She's out for blood when it comes to ANY other rat, though. It's been this way since 6 weeks old.

#2 ·
nope. I adopted five girls. three of the younger girls were two months when introduced to the older girls....which were a year old.

Then I introduced them to my girls when mine were about 8 months (three youngest were 6 months.)

I had a psycho siamese but in reality, she was just picky. She didn't care for ANY of my castrated males (I didn't want to breed her due to her lacking a good siamese coat) and picked fights with my other siamese doe. She was a freak lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.