Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is cabbage safe for bunnies? It doesn't seem to be on any lists i have for either safe or unsafe veggies. Anyone feed there buns cabbage?

We should compile a safe veggie list and make it a sticky in the rabbit section.. actually we should do it for all the sections :giggle:

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Cabbage can cause extremely bad gas in rabbits (and people!) but gas in rabbits can cause stasis, so it's really not recommended as part of their diet.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
once i bought it on a holiday when all the main stores were closed and the corner store was open. i didnt think anything of it and gave it to them but they didnt touch it anyway.Akina is your example of a bunny who will eat ANYTHING that comes along her path and if SHE didnt eat it then no bunner will!! so thanks for this info about the Stasis i will definetly keep it in mind, not that im considering ever trying it again

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
What Jennicat said - I never feed my bunners cabbage because it can give them bad gas.

This is random, but the other week I had a dream that I fed Barnaby cabbage for dinner. He got very upset and sat me down and told me that feeding bunnies cabbage, which they don't like, is called a "filibuster' and is very insulting to them. :giggle: I have the strangest dreams.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
HAHAHA you must have special sleep enhancers! ever ate before bed? like chocolate and spicy food will bith give you wierdo dreams!! crazy!

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
LOL! Dragonrain that is the funniest dream! I laughed when I read that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.