Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's a dog that's been staying outside my door all day and everytime I've taken Blitzen out, he's (I checked to see if it was a he/she) tried to get on top of him but Blitzen tries to get him off every time. He has a tag on but no info on it. A lot of the people in my town leave their dogs to wander around so I really have no way of finding his owner. Is he just trying to play with Blitzen or can dogs be gay?

·
Registered
374 Posts
I had a rabbit when I was young that would "love" the cat....

Dogs do it for social order and I'm sure there is some chemical rush that make them feel good while doing it so they keep on trying.

So, keep that dog off of Blitzen. It can escalate really fast into a fight.

·
Registered
156 Posts
It's totally and dominance thing...females will also do that to others in their own pack (male or female) to show their ranking in the pack :)

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Agreed, social and dominance. Try to eliminate the dogs getting so close. Otherwise, when Blitzen gets old enough to try to challenge himself there could be blood and a hefty vet bill!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I can't beleive I thought the dog was trying to get a little "friendly" with Blitzen...feel like a dummy lol. But I haven't seen the other dog all day, so that's good. Fortunately, where I live going to the vet is free, except to get a dog fixed it's a few hundred dollars. Blitzen gets all of his shots for free. I think the biggest reason is that we have a lot of dogs up here. Actually I think that's the only type of pet any one has up here lol. But I tried to get Blitzen back inside as soon as possible yesterday every-time. Thanks guys :)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Being just so playful or a dominant behavior which are normal to dogs. My friend's yorkie is just too friendly too especially with bigger dogs like to collies and danes.

·
canis lupus familiaris
552 Posts
Very likely dominance. Gay is what my friend's dog was. Female in heat and instead of humping her, he'd run in the house hump the neutered dog.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Our female dog mounts our male dog and acts like she's humping him, and it's always when she's jealous and trying to show dominance.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Why not take him as new friend?

Care him, an let him be your friend. Clean it, see if he has some flea or ticks than le him be friend with your pets and you.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts