Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Is my bunny a holland lop?

3443 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  bunnyrabbit
I bought him 3 days ago and I asked the former owner for a holland lop and she let me choose from a bunch of bunnies but he doesn't have loopy ears they seem kind of pointy to me I just want to know what breed he is because I'm confused ? and i i believe hes about 7 weeks

Attachments

See less See more
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
this is a forum so it takes awhile for people to answer. :) i dont no what he is but hes cute
What did the person you got him from say about his breed?

Sometimes lopped eared rabbits ears don't lop right away. But maybe he's not really a Holland or is a mix? His ear shape/size doesn't really look like typical Holland lop ears to me. I'm not an expert though.

Give it some time. He's still young, and I think there's still a chance his ears could lop if he is really a lop rabbit. If not, luckily the care for rabbits is the same really no matter what the breed is. He's adorable, no matter what breed!

If he's not a lop, I think you'll probably have more luck guessing at his breed once he's fully grown. He very well could just be some kind of mix as well.
What did the person you got him from say about his breed?

Sometimes lopped eared rabbits ears don't lop right away. But maybe he's not really a Holland or is a mix? His ear shape/size doesn't really look like typical Holland lop ears to me. I'm not an expert though.

Give it some time. He's still young, and I think there's still a chance his ears could lop if he is really a lop rabbit. If not, luckily the care for rabbits is the same really no matter what the breed is. He's adorable, no matter what breed!

If he's not a lop, I think you'll probably have more luck guessing at his breed once he's fully grown. He very well could just be some kind of mix as well.

yeah thats what i was thinking and she said he was a lop but i think he may be mixed thank you though
this is a forum so it takes awhile for people to answer. :) i dont no what he is but hes cute

thank you :)
well...we had 2 lops this one doesnt really look like my two but i didnt get them as babies so im not sure. Ours were large the shape looks different then ours and ours ears were really big long and floppy :)
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.