Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

i have a sea snail, the snails that clean the tank, anyway i had a fish and last night it died:cry: and i dont know if my sea snail thing will live and how it id=s going to eat if i dont have a dirty tank.
or can i give it back to a pet shop?

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
:yes: get another fish
or until you do get another one you can still put food in the tank and it will fall to the bottom i think?? :shrug:

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
I have to disagree with the other posters. If a fish just died you should do a water change and test the water before getting any more animals. And since snails don't eat fish poop or anything doesn't matter if there are fish ;). Even if there are ten fish you should still be feeding the snail sinking wafers, vegetables, snail biscuits, etc. You shouldn't ever have a "dirty" tank either ;). That's not good for the snail or the fish.

What kind of snail is it? I hope it's not really a marine snail...I'm going to guess it's an Apple/Mystery Snail. Oh, and what size tank do you have?

And I'm sorry for your loss :(.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
um, my sea snail has a yellowy colour shell and it cleans tanks. lol.
i dont know how to get pix so i cant really show u what he looks like.
and thanks.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Becka_Baby said:
um, my sea snail has a yellowy colour shell and it cleans tanks. lol.
i dont know how to get pix so i cant really show u what he looks like.
and thanks.
Does it look like this?

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/imgnov06macro/cm/snail11.jpg

If so then it's an Apple Snail. Although they will scavenge and eat algae they need to also eat sinking wafers and vegetables. They love bloodworms, too. They do not eat fish waste or anything so not having fish with them doesn't matter.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts