Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a robo dwarf hamster, Houdini, a few days ago. He was fine on the first day but now I'm a little worried about him. A lot of things I've read online say that robos should live in pairs. I'm afraid he's depressed or lonely. He eats okay and everything but he's asleep a lot. Also, I haven't really seen him drink water more than twice. I'm sure he does when I'm not paying attention or something but the bottle is still almost where it was when I filled it up. I think I'm going to get him a little friend but in the meantime, I'm not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Hamsters are nocturnal, so thats why you never see him out during the day. Robos are also VERY tiny hamsters, and they dont drink enough water in a few days to really notice in the water bottle. You hamster sounds perfectly normal to me! :D
Robos can be kept happily with friends, but they can be happy without another hamster too. When you get another hamster, make sure its the same gender as your current one, and introduce them slowly. ^^

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, he's really perked up since then. The thing that worried me was just that *I'm* totally nocturnal too and so even being up during the day and being up all night I hardly ever saw him do anything. But he seems fine now. I think we're going to look for a buddy for him tomorrow afternoon. Thank you for your reply!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got a new robo to go with Houdini and they are just the cutest pair ever. They get along so well and they both seem so happy. I'm really glad it worked out. :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts