Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so yesterday my chinchilla was out running thur my bedroom (its chin proofed very nicly) and i needed to leave, well i reached under my dresser(its about a foot off the ground and she likes to sit under it) and she reered back and peed on me. i figured i just scared her and got her in her cage. well tonight i had her out and was reading a book on the floor, she got up and started nibbling on it, i told her no and gently nudged her head away, she tired again a few more times then the last time i nudged her away she reered back and peed on me again this time gettting my book, shirt and neck (which made me mad x.x ) so i cleaned my book of, by then shed ran back into her cage and i closed her in for the night. what should i do about her peeing on me like this. i know thay do it as a difence but i know i wasnt doing anything to warent it the second time and i dont want this to become a habbit. anything have any suggestions?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thats a good question, mine is not peeing where she should either, whenever i let her run around she pees randomly on the floor, i hope you figure it out

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i didnt mean she was doing what yours is( though once she did get on my bed and peed on it) when she normaly pees she scooches back and lifts her butt up. what shes doing here is standing up and peeing at me kinda like how some snakes spit venom x.x

·
Registered
488 Posts
:giggle: That would be called spraying...

The joys of females. Some stop, some don't, some are sprayers, some aren't. I would just leave her be for now, see what triggers it and avoid it.

·
Registered
56 Posts
whiskers387, yours may just be young and adapting to things. If I remember correctly, your chin is a baby yet. Mine did that when he was about that age and still adjusting to the new surroundings. He had a couple accidents on the floor but since he's gotten a little older, he hasn't done it since. Also, if you keep her out for really long periods of time, she may just have to go. It might be better to do shorter periods of time out of the cage until she's more adjusted. (this might be a better idea anyway to help with bonding and not stressing her since sometimes they do that when they're stressed too)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i now know i cant reach under my dresser when murrys under there even if its to give her a treat or i get pissed on x.x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts