Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello..sorry for my inactivity, school's kinda wearing me down.

As you have seen..my sister and I just received our mice, Eddie and David yesterday...
Anywho, I was talking to my friend who has owned both mice and rats. She told me that the cage (she's seen pics) that they each have they can get out of because of their size. This is understandable.

My question..she said that (once I told her we'd be getting [a] tank(s) soon) that they can die from being so hot, unless you have a fan or something. I told her that that shouldn't happen if they aren't on sunlight and get proper ventilation. Is she right? I thought they'd be fine in tanks.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
They are fine in tanks IMO. Just make sure you keep them clean so there is no ammonia buildup and use a screened type lid.

I have always used tanks for my mice and I never had any problems.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I have always used tanks for my mice as well. Pretty much, if it is hot for you then it will be hot for your mice. Just make sure that you have climbing toys because mice LOVE to climb :) We will need some more pictures soon too :p

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Mice are fine in tanks,as long as they are kept clean and have proper ventilation.
Oh and I seen the cages they are currently in,if the mice are big enough they will not be able to get out of them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts