Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just realized that I haven't posted pics of my dwarf hammy, Creampuff. So I just have to post some now. :D This girl is wild! We call her "Bitey" because she bites...a lot! She doesn't break the skin though thank goodness. She is also a smelly little girl (see thread "Disgusting Mystery Sludge" :yuck: ) but things have been a lot better since I switched from Carefresh to Aspen shavings. :) She's a little cutie. :heart: Every morning when I give the rabbits their veggies, I go up to her cage and say "Bitey..." She comes running out and gets a little piece of whatever the rabbits are eating (as long as its hammy safe). Its our little morning ritual and its so cute! :lovies:

Here she is in the Crittertrail "petting station." She uses it as a bed/toilet though!

More following!

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here are Sneakers and Tiger trying to get at her as usual! :rolleyes: Its so annoying!

Here's Ollie trying to figure out how to get her. :no:

Here she is climbing the bars.

more on the way...

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Hammy time..Not the food

Creampuff is really cute Steph! Do the others get on well with her inc the cats?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PURPLEBUNNY said:
Creampuff is really cute Steph! Do the others get on well with her inc the cats?
Thanks guys. :D

No, the cats don't do well with her. They pretty much want to eat her. :eek: The bunnies don't really come in contact with her. I've "introduced" them before and the bunnies get a look like "What the heck are you?" :rofl: Ollie really wants to get her. Tiger is kind of afraid of her face-to-face, but all three cats are just constantly trying to get their paws in her cage. Thats why I have that pen thing around it! :sigh: One time Tiger pulled her cage door open and she got out. :faint: I almost had a heart attack, but luckily she was fine. Now I am very careful and I always keep that room closed when I'm not there.

·
Registered
2,769 Posts
Ok, I know this is bad Stephanie...:lol:

But, your thread title makes me think of MC Hammer.

"Hammy Time! Doo doo doo doo....break it down!" :roflmao:

Sorry!

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
MC Hammer

Crazy Chin Lady said:

Sorry!

:rofl:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Crazy Chin Lady said:

Sorry!
Thats what I was going for! :spot: LOL :rofl: Thats why I put the sunglasses smilie on the title. :rofl: Hammer Time! Yeah! :lol:

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Crazy Chin Lady said:
Sorry. :rofl:

When I am tired I get really goofy and/or obnoxious. :D Take your pick as to which one I am. Hehe.
Why are you sorry? :confused: It was supposed to sound like Hammer Time! :clap:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
She's a cutie!!! I love dwarf hamsters (and syrians... I just love all hamsters! LOL..) Looks like an argente (Sorry... I'm obssesed with colors...) I have an argente too... but mine I think it's either heavily mottled or platinum and it's getting whiter every day. 8( I wished he had stayed the argente color he was when I bought him, that color is so beautiful!

·
Registered
4,887 Posts
She's cute!
(and yeah, I thought of Hammer Time too...I'm getting OLD)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Padfoot said:
She's a cutie!!! I love dwarf hamsters (and syrians... I just love all hamsters! LOL..) Looks like an argente (Sorry... I'm obssesed with colors...) I have an argente too... but mine I think it's either heavily mottled or platinum and it's getting whiter every day. 8( I wished he had stayed the argente color he was when I bought him, that color is so beautiful!
I looked it up when I got her and she looks like an argente to me too! :D I saw her one day and just thought she was soooo cute. I had to have her. Her color reminded me of coffee for some reason. I just kept thinking Starbucks....Starbucks! Yep, I'm addicted to Starbucks lol. So I wanted to name her something coffee themed but couldn't think of anything. So I named her Creampuff instead because she is so little and round, like a cream puff. :) Now we call her Bitey though because this girl bites! Does your hammy bite you?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Aww! What a cutie!

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
Out of my 4 hamsters, 1 bites. They are all Campbells dwarfs. 8) I'll make a new thread in a few minutes with pictures of my 4 hamsters, plus the pups I have for adoption so you can see them. 8) I still have to figure out the colors of the last litter.. I found hammy colors complicated.. I prefer gerbil colors.. hahaha.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Padfoot said:
Out of my 4 hamsters, 1 bites. They are all Campbells dwarfs. 8) I'll make a new thread in a few minutes with pictures of my 4 hamsters, plus the pups I have for adoption so you can see them. 8) I still have to figure out the colors of the last litter.. I found hammy colors complicated.. I prefer gerbil colors.. hahaha.
I've seen so many dwarf hammies in new colors at Petsmart and Petco lately. Before, you could only get the gray ones. Now you can get black, black and white, argente, dark grey (almost bluish) and other colors. They are so cute. I'd like to get a few more but I need to get a bigger cage, and I'm not sure if Bitey would get along with them since she's used to being alone. I love my little hammy. I wish she wouldn't bite me though! Luckily she doesn't bite hard, but it still freaks me out. :lol: She bites everything. She's obsessed with biting. :lol:

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
You are lucky then! Atenea bites HARD... and it's not biting out of fear.. I put my hand in her cage and she goes for it... She hates me.. and hates everybody. She was one of my breeders, but I retired her cause she bit, she was a bad mother and she fought her cagemates. She fought Afrodita a lot, and Apollo a bit less, but I think it was cause he ignored her.. She used to walk after him squeaking at him. Then I separated her from them and she had a last litter of 3, Artemis was the only one that survived and I kept them together till she started fighting Artemis too. Now she lives alone and Artemis lives alone. She was also a very bad mother. she had 2 litters, 1 of three and one of about 9... from the 9 only 2 survived, 1 that I sold and Snoopy, who I gave to my nieces... Atenea is a nutcase.. LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts