Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

I've rescaped my 5ft Angel tank

Photos! 
Tags
angels plants
3K views 18 replies 7 participants last post by  Sharni 
#1 ·
I finished the 5ft rescape today. Started last night about 8pm Friday night, pulled up at 2am Sat morning (pulling plants, catching fish, draining water, removing old substrate, fully cleaning tank, getting wood just how i wanted it *L*, put in layer of laterite and dino duno, wash new gravel and put in). Started again around 8am finished around 4ish (adding 350 litres of water by the cup full, sorting and planting, clean filter and get the 'darn' thing to go again *L*, turn heater on) so approx 14 hours of work, but i love it lol

Some pics

Clean tank and playing with wood to get it where i like it

After laterite, dino dung and gravel added

Still planting, so only 4ft T8 light running

Finished ~ T8's and T5's running

Now i'm just waiting for it to come upto temperature before adding some fish in.

The cories will not be returning (shocking for digging and knocking out new plants), now the yoyo loaches (diggers, and i dont want them messing my substrate *L*), nor the larger clown loaches (just started punching holes in my plant leaves), i'm going to trade these for smaller clown loaches (small enough to do no harm!

Oh and a suprise *L* I bought a very large peppermint bristlenose male months ago, hadnt seen it since i put it in there...thankfully it is still alive and i am VERY happy to see him!!!

See less See more
#7 ·
Updated pic ~ tank now 8 weeks old

Inhabitants
8 Angels (3 breeding pairs)
2 Clown loaches
4 Otos
6 Peppermint BN
5 Common BN
1 Redtail shark
1 Bronze cory
3 Cherry barbs

#10 ·
Wow thats awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#12 ·
Tank is now 5months old, and in need of major plant maintenance. I'm loathe to touch it though, cause plants need moving and that is bound to stir up the laterite and dino dung under the gravel *L* But it is starting to get to me now, so prolly in a week or so i'll tackle it!

#18 ·
Yeah, that's where I always went wrong with my planted tank, loads of light, CO2 injection and tons of ferts. Plants grew so fast though that they had to be pruned pretty much daily for the fish to be able to move in there :)

Love the angels as well, how are they getting on together?

#19 ·
They get along pretty well really, only the occassional push/shove when a pair is spawning.

I pulled this tank down and rescaped it, the plants had prettymuch taken over all swimming space *L*

My 1 day old rescape, so please excuse cloudiness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.