Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone tell me the length of time to give for mites? I know to give half a grain of rice but can't remember how long to give it to them.
Thanks

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
Can someone tell me the length of time to give for mites? I know to give half a grain of rice but can't remember how long to give it to them.
Thanks
For adults you give a piece the size of an uncooked grain of rice, and for 3 weeks, scrubbing, bleaching and washing after each treatment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Revolution

can you tell me about revolution. Is it a paste and where do you get it? How is it given, and how much, and how often?

·
Rat Rescuer and Hospice
1,883 Posts
can you tell me about revolution. Is it a paste and where do you get it? How is it given, and how much, and how often?
Revolution for cats and dogs is in a tube, and its liquid. You usually have to get it from your vet but you could also put up an ad or ask friends with dogs/cats if they have an extra tube (its for ticks/fleas, etc and used to prevent heartworm in dogs).

its literally just 1 drop on the back of their neck, it absorbs into their blood stream in like 30 seconds and its effective for 30 days which is longer than the life cycle of the buggies.

If you only have 2-3 rats its best to get the kitten/puppy tube, if you have more then you can move up to cat or even dog (but dog is always twice as strong) so you can give less.

there are ways to order it online but it takes 2 weeks to arrive.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Revoluyion

Thank you so much lilspaz68, I will show my vet. I love to read stuff like this, learning new stuff for my pets makes me feel less helpless.
Judy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts