Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Jamies coming away with us for the long weekend over Easter. Its about a 2 and a half hour drive (150 miles from birmingham to dorset) and im torn on the best way to transport him.

What do you guys think is the best way:

a) Leaving him in his cage in the back of the car

or

b) Putting him in his small carrier and dismantaling his big cage and making it up once we get there.

Im worried that if i leave him in his big cage (although im sure the other half will drive carefully) he might get thrown about a bit. But maybe its better he stays in his well known home with room to move about if he wants.

Hhhhmmmmm decisions decisions!!!
What do you thinks best???

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
When I use to travel a lot with my rabbits, I use to keep them in a travel cage. If you put a piece of fleece at the bottom of the travel cage, it soaks up any pee and makes the bottom a bit softer on their feet. Then I put a layer of hay over the fleece, and make sure to attach a water bottle or if you absolutely can't give them some watery fruit or stop the car once in awhile to offer water.

I was always afraid of the same thing as you - that if we let them travel in a bigger cage they'd possible get thrown around a lot.

·
Poooooppp!
154 Posts
I also use the travel carrier with my buns, they're safer and I also put a towel down to soak up pee and stuff, it works fine.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I also use a carrier when I take Harley places. I place the carrier on the seat, with the door facing forward, then I put the seatbelt through the handle of the carrier and buckle it, to keep the carrier from getting tossed around in case of emergency.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts