Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to introduce my Piranha, Jaws! He did have a tank mate but he died last night of unknown cause. But Jaws is healthy and eating right! I got them from the neighbors who were moving and didnt want to lug the huge tank they are in. Would it be dangerous to put another piranha in there with him? I know they are pack type fish. I just don't want to put another one in there if he is just gonna eat it

Attachments

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Nice,I love those and want one someday.
From what I am told,they can live fine together as long as they have space and are well fed.

·
Registered
626 Posts
cool! did you get the tank from the neighbors as well? I'll have to be looking for a bigger one soon. If you bought it, (if its not rude to ask) how much was a 115?

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They came with the tank. And for a brand new one around here runs about $359.99 for a kit but with just the tank and stand is around $150.99

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
just to be sure, if you get him buddy try to get one about the same size so he knows it's one of his species, and maybe feed him before introducing the new fish so he doesn't just run over thinking it's food!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I did :). I went out and bought one this morning and since I had already fed him he stayed at the other end of the tank and now their schooling

1 - 7 of 7 Posts