Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you ever grown up with someone, Who is a best friend just to have them turn there backs on you ?well this girl i grew up with our moms went to school togethier we went to diffrent schools but we were neighbours , it was impossible for us to be apart, a few years ago i convinced her to go to montreal, to go do her college there as she got a scollarship, promising wed visit ect, well i hadnt heard from her in almost 3 years our letters stopped no calls no visits nothing. Well today i got an email from her.....after 3 years explaining why she hasnt been around......... when i was younger in our neighbour bad rumours were spread about me, the rumours got so out of control i got beat up and put in the hospital for stuff i had never done in my life. Well her email was basically saying she couldnt live with the guilt anymore, that it was cuz of her and her sisters more then half the stuff happened to me .....she explained how she started the rumours and that she hopes one day that she can forgive me. I dont know how to react to this apart of me is completely mad and another apart of me pittys her. I was always there for her from first heartbreak to first operation she had to anything she needed even when she stole my crush ........ i was there for her. All i can think is what is wrong with this world. she says she doesnt know why she did what she did but she hopes i can forgive her...... i emailed back and said to her I can forgive her as its apart of my past and its a life experience, but i wont forget nor will i trust her again. so she just emailed back and said im glad that you can forgive me and we can be friends again....what are u doing this upcoming weekend.........WHEN DID I SAY ID BE FRIENDS WITH HER AGAIN! GAH! sorry just needed to rant

· Registered
269 Posts
I know what ya mean. Forgiveness is really for YOU; it heals you...but IMO it would be WISDOM to not get mixed up with her again.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know what ya mean. Forgiveness is really for YOU; it heals you...but IMO it would be WISDOM to not get mixed up with her again.
i totally believe that forgiveness heals you and makes you a stronger person but i definetly wouldnt get mixed up with her again. but i wont be rude either if i saw her on the street i would say hi.

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Wow, that's horrible. :(

I think she need to know that you need some space... Just because you forgive her doesn't mean you are ready to deal with her face-to-face again. I would definitely stay away from her.

· It's all for them
603 Posts
I agree with the others. Forgiving is for you, but stay away, she sounds toxic.

I don't know her of course, and maybe she has changed. But it sounds to me like her reaching out to you is about HER, to make herself feel better, not because she wants to make amends and be a friend.

I know you are venting but you did ask if we have been hurt by a life long friend. I have. It's still very fresh, and I am having a hard time getting over the hurt of it. I won't derail your thread with my story, and she certainly did not do anything like what has happened to you, but I understand the hurt and feeling of betrayal. I only mention it because, if you can find it in your heart to forgive her and move on, there is hope for me too. xx

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with the others. Forgiving is for you, but stay away, she sounds toxic.

I don't know her of course, and maybe she has changed. But it sounds to me like her reaching out to you is about HER, to make herself feel better, not because she wants to make amends and be a friend.

I know you are venting but you did ask if we have been hurt by a life long friend. I have. It's still very fresh, and I am having a hard time getting over the hurt of it. I won't derail your thread with my story, and she certainly did not do anything like what has happened to you, but I understand the hurt and feeling of betrayal. I only mention it because, if you can find it in your heart to forgive her and move on, there is hope for me too. xx
i totally agree with shes doing this to make herself feel better

· Official Loofah Tester
1,386 Posts
Agreed. This is where you need to stand up say to her simply "I forgive you, but I will no longer be able to trust you. I wish you well, but friendships are based on trust if they are to work. I hope you can learn from this and be trustworthy to your future friends."

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
OMG, wow. This girl is bad news. As others have said- stay away. I liked the point that somebody made about her making amends for HER, it's convenient for her now to come back and want to apologize. I get that, she needed to apologize and come to terms with herself and what she's done but she needs to understand that her motives have prevented anything from ever coming of it again. jeesh! You with a baby and all- you don't need the added stress. Take the day for YOU <3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.