Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DON'T BUY THIS STUFF!!!!!!!!!!! My boyfriend bought a bag because he thought it looked fluffy and stuff in the cages at the petstore. He brought it home and as soon as we opened the bag we almost choked on all the dust. It was so terrible and the bag even said dust free.

I could have bought a bag of dirt and it would be less dusty. I was so disappointed and sad that the animals at petco are housed on the stuff.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put it in my mouse cages but they're cages get cleaned a lot more then the rats do. The mice seem okay with it. I would never ever put it in my rattie cage. I was so amazed at how crappy the stuff is, but I think kind of know that kaytee is crap anyway (anything they make)

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
kaytee is the only hay we can buy around here that looks halfway decent, unless we buy it from a farm or something, which we were doing at first.. then they ran out so we were buying kaytee from walmart, then this other lady, a friends of davids family said we could take from her hay, but the rabbit wouldnt eat it.. i dunno why.. so were basicly stuck with kaytee hay and aspen chips

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
i use the carefresh ultra and that is the best i think

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
it annoys me that the carefresh ultra doesnt come in the big size :( our is just the grey stuff in the biggest size, if i could id get the yellow in the big size hehe

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
our pet store does have that kind in the huge bad

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I use super shavins.Used to use aspen,but it started to trigger my asthma (animals are in my room).Super Shavins,practically no dust,& no pine& cedar ;)

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
eeek. sounds scary :hide:

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think I used kaytee timothy hay for the chins (it's in a green bag right)

I can get carefresh ultra here in the 50 L bags but I really don't use that stuff. I use ecobedding that I order from kims ark. It lasts a lot longer.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My guineas love it, but there is SO MUCH DUST! It is very soft. I really don't mind the dust, but it makes them sneeze.

Kaytee Softsorbent sucks compared to it. It is so hard. It's dusty, too, but not as much.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts