Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping someone who needed to get rid of a young mom, a young male and a new born kitten(3-4 days old) well i am housing the mom and the young baby until she is able to get in contact with a rescue(if she can ever) i don't really like handing over a rescue a young mom and a newborn kitten. She just ended up getting the dad fixed today and i am not even sure if the male has any shots. The young female has absolutley nothing done to her so no shots at all. This cat is only 10 months old. I really have no desire to give her back the cat and kitten if she can't find a rescue to take them. Me and my husband have fallen in love with her(she is a gorgeous calico) we have the room and the means to take care of both of them and get them both fixed(they are both females and before anyone says you can't really i have sexed over 11 kittens well now 12 in the past three years from all the rescues we have had that were pregnant)
So my question is should i contact a rescue and get them to take them or just keep them for ourselves?

· Registered
2,020 Posts
I may just ask her just incase though i hate getting horribly attached if she is still looking for a rescue to take them or to get someone else to take them perminately.
asking her is definetly a good idea but im sure she shouldnt have a problem with it :) good luck have you thought of names for them.

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She said we are allowed to keep them. So we will soon be taking them to our vet to get them both checked out and as soon as she is able to the mama will be going in to get fixed and get her vaccinations. She called the mama Jasmine so we will keep it as she knows her name and i think the little female baby will be called Callie. It's been awhile since we have had kittens in our home but i am glad it is only one.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
She said we are allowed to keep them. So we will soon be taking them to our vet to get them both checked out and as soon as she is able to the mama will be going in to get fixed and get her vaccinations. She called the mama Jasmine so we will keep it as she knows her name and i think the little female baby will be called Callie. It's been awhile since we have had kittens in our home but i am glad it is only one.
aww i love those names callie was the name of my heart rat , so i definetly approve of the name ^_^

· Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I nicknamed her Jazzy-Bell. I have always wanted to call a female cat callie but when we got ava her name just stuck so i didn't want to change it at all. Thanks :)

I will get some pictures of mom and baby soon.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
I nicknamed her Jazzy-Bell. I have always wanted to call a female cat callie but when we got ava her name just stuck so i didn't want to change it at all. Thanks :)

I will get some pictures of mom and baby soon.
Looking forward to seeing pics :)

· laugh often
1,810 Posts
their really pretty cats. i have never seen a cat with that many toes either. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.