Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Carefully introducing Kodi to Emma since she can get to his cage she pesters him less now that she knows what he is. PS he is in a bowl because he is cage aggressive and just leaving his cage door open and waiting doesnt work he likes his cage too much

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
He is super cute!! I can't believe you can introduce your cat like that!

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was being VERY careful. She is a 7 week old kitten and they were curious about each other I only did it that once. Emma is more interested in playing with me than playing with him.

·
she-mayor of Whoville
289 Posts
Sooo cute.. love Kodi's face! Emma is a DOLL

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little man

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
He is a black mottled russian campbell

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
He has the best coloring ever he is SO cute :) and he likes to play.

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sleepy Kodi

Whats this thing?

He looks so chubby lol

Bath with the kitty watching ( he seems so bothered right? )

Speckle butt

THIS IS MY HOUSE

What are you?

Think I can make it?

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Kodi is adorable. :)
I have only had one hamster before, and that was when I was 10 years old. I was thinking about getting one now but I have heard that they bite alot. (The one I had when I was little bit me all the time. lol)
How is Kodi with biting?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kodi is what one would call cage aggressive so getting him out is hard. but I have had 4 hams in the last year one bit when I got her but she was the SWEETEST girl when she died. Its all about patience and work. try rescuing.

When i got Kodi they advertised him as a biter but he has bit me once and that was my fault. learn your hams limits and take the time to work with them :)

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Thanks!
Kodi is very hansome. I saw two hams at my LPS that had his coloring. One was laying on it's back with it's feet in the air :) it was hard not to poke him. lol

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I can help you as much as you need :)

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
I think my biggest problem is the "fear" of attempting to pick up a hamster.
I could stick my hand in any mouse or ferret cage. But I have a iffy-ness most about hamsters and rats.
(BTW I know Ferrets are not rodents. Those are just the two I am most comfortable with :))

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What i do is let my hams come to me until we have a complete trust. I am a little fearful about being bit too.

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
And I have heard hamsters do not like to be bothered (as in tend to bite more) while doing something like sleeping, eating, bathing, ect..

1 - 20 of 43 Posts