Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I couldn't recommend the kongs more; my boxers love them. Dodger in particular, he will lay for hours with his, lovingly kissing and licking it! If you are after one exchange and mart do have a pet section so you might be able to pick one up for a bargain.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Its very good to fill them with kibble and then cover the end with peanut butter and then freeze because then it will keep your dog busy for a long time to try to get the frozen peanut butter off :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Kong

I have two dogs and I must say Kongs are the best toys that you can find. My 7 year old lab can destroy just about any toy you can buy but the black coloured Kong toys are indestructable.:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kongs - recipes

We use Kongs - we found many recipe ideas to stuff them.
Just do a search on Kongs and recipes...
All kinds of great ideas

·
Registered
37 Posts
We fill one Kong per day with NuVET and cream cheese

FRozen kongs - sooooo goooood!

We fill our Kong with semi frozen cream cheese and 1 NuVET wafer vitamin.
Or, you can do a mix of 1 teaspoon peanut butter and a few tablespoons of van yogurt & the NuVET wafer.

Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
YUM YUM good for them.
and it makes them Work!

for the nuvet - see here:
http://www.nuvet.com/81098
or
http://www.apluspetcare.com/untitled4.html

·
Registered
374 Posts
My pupster seems to only like playing with the kong while in the bathtub. I think he enjoys the fact that not only is he making a ton of noise that the kong bounces extra in the confined space.

post count +1

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
i have a mini kong for my rat, and she likes it!
but she is able to bite pieces right off with her little teeth so i let her play with it under close surveillance so she doesn't eat the pieces! she doesn't even need it filled with treats :p

·
Registered
37 Posts
Kongs for Rats - Wow

Wow - a kong for a rat! And you don't even need to fill it...

that is a site!

Marie

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
Nuvet is great, and we sell it at our grooming shop. i do push it! but you MUST be a rep. LOL

my doggies love frozen canned dog food in their kongs!

·
Registered
37 Posts
The photos of your pet are beautiful

Yes - NuVET is sold at many grooming shops, kennels, Holistic Vet offices and some breeders...
A good product that give a money back guarantee...

YOUR pet photos are Beautiful!

Marie

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I am going to be dogsitting for my neighbor over thanksgiving and I have watched the dog before and she got REALLY bored and destructive even with me giving her more attention then they ever do...

So I am planning to get a kong for her to keep her busy when I can't stay with her 24/7

I love Kongs...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Excellent toys for major destroyers.

Oreo is a major destroyer. She destroys anything and everything in front of her. The Kong is great because she has a hard time destroying it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Kongs are the best for breeds that can chew through anything! I don't normally put "goodies" in them but my dogs LOVE them anyway!

Still have to watch that pieces aren't chewed off to choke. Wouldn't leave one with my dog and go to work, but certainly gives them something to keep them busy while I cook dinner!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the reminder. My 2 Shih Tzu's have seemed bored over the holiday. Some PB in the Kong is a great idea. :)

·
Salamander Burgermuffin
2,612 Posts
I just use a little dish soap and a thing i found that looks kinda like a baby bottle brush at the Walls store here in town. Its not made by kong, but the package says its made to clean them and other toys, i think the brand name is bamboo or something, but it works great, its got a smaller brush inside the handle too. I bet a regular baby bottle brush would just as well, but we got lucky and found this one for a dollar! Here a link to what they look like. http://www.amazon.com/Bamboo-Cleani...?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1216559244&sr=8-10

·
Registered
3 Posts
Kongs are one of the best toys around, my staffie goes through tennis ball and other toys in seconds!! then i got a Kong dog toy large, the red one, shes had it for 2 years now and it doesnt look like ever breaking! the only damage it has is bite marks but thats it, i highly recomend this for any big chewing dogs. Lola loves hers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
kong toys are great

I am so glad someone has said how great Kong toys are, I feel the say way and my pets just love them which is why I decided to create my own website selling pet supplies and made sure that Kong was definately one of them! Check out my site...harleyspetshop.com!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts