Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my sweet girl Lady jumped off my bed and landed wrong, sweet girl now has a pinched nerve :( The vet has her on meds to keep her comfortable, but I hate seeing her sore, she doesn't want to walk much, shes real shaky on her legs and the pain is in the back end, so she is just resting...I just hate seeing her hurt, its the hardest thing ever to watch your swet baby hurt

·
Registered
771 Posts
I hope she gets better quickly. Poor gal! Be sure to spoil her (as I'm sure you already are). It is indeed rough to see your friend in pain.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Poor girl. I hope she feels better soon. It's good she's resting.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Get well soon baby!

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
she surprised me earlier, she walked on her own to where I was standing, it was the first time since the injury she has walked with out help. She is good spirits, I worry though that she is going to fast, I have tried to keep her in her bed, but shes a fiesty little girl lol...she is still wobbly on her feet, but I am so glad to see some improvement, the vet said it sounds good, the swelling has gone way down...I was just so scared when it first happend, the things that went through my head had me in a panic....

Thank you all for the well wishes, she is truely being spoiled, right now she is cuddled up with Ken...she is loving being carried everywhere lol...I love her so much and all the support I get here is truely a blessing, helps calm that initial freak out lol

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Glad she's feeling a bit better! I hope she continues to heal quickly and can get back to her old self. *hugs*

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
That certainly is scary! I am happy to hear that she is already feeling better. Maybe you can encourage her to sit still by sitting with her? I know that is not the easiest thing. It's nice to hear she is cuddled with her daddy. I know my Belle loves daddy time.
Give Lady smooches from me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I feel terrible, my dog loves to jump too. Sending vibes for Lady, hope she get well soon.

·
Dinky Corsetkisser
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you all so much...amazing update, she is walking unaided now, trying to wrestle with her best friend Frahnz, the vet took more e-rays and all of that and she said everything looks great, the swelling is gone and in a few weeks she will be chasing the mocking birds again :) I sit with her all day, her dog bed is literally under my feet lol, her little head rests on the top of my foot...its wierd that untell this happend we all seemed to forget her age, she has always been so puppy like that we messed up and let our guards down, we ordered the pet stairs for the bed (I can't sleep without her lol) Puppers has been an amazing older brother, since she can't play with him like usual he keeps bringing his toys to her and laying with her, he even shared his treat, these 2 are just so amazing togather...

Thank you all once again for the support, I am just so thankful to have so many wonderful friends to turn to :) thank you

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
Puppers is being so sweet! I am always amazed at how animals just know things and know what to do. I am so glad Lady is feeling better.
Please let us know how she does with the steps.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.