Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took Tucker to the vet this morning for his next round of shots. He's 16 weeks old. In the past three weeks since his last vet visit, he went from 9.8 pounds to 16.4 pounds. 99% sure he's Staffordshire Terrier. He goes back in 4 weeks for last round of shots and neutering. He starts obedience classes this afternoon (Milo too!)

I'll post some pics later tonight.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tucker did pretty good at class today. We did "pass the puppy" and he had to go to the other owners of the other dogs. It was kind of funny, the other puppies (aside from Milo, of course) were going nuts and barking their heads off and Tucker just casually laid down and took it all in. He was very timid with the other dogs though and we are going to work on that more next week. We also have a couple of friends who have agreed to bring their dogs around so he can socialize more.

His temperament is very good. He is a great dog. He learns commands well, has been potty trained and crate trained for several weeks. He does not bark when the other dogs bark at cars or people knocking on the door. He is very playful with Milo and with the kids and us. He can be stubborn about not moving forward while walking on the leash but he gets better and better at it every day.

I'm not 100% convinced he's a staffie. Everyone always says staffie or pitbull. I just don't know. :confused: I took this picture about an hour ago.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
Aw good luck with the class!! That sounds beneficial to him.

His older muffin pics certainly look more staffie to me than boston terrier/french bulldog... I would bet that he's more than half "bully breed". He's sooooooooo cute though!!! I love his coloring!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
He's so cute! He definitely looks like a staffie, it'll be interesting to see how he looks as an adult :).

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
He is so cute!

He reminds me a lot of my sister's newest addition. She is supposedly a pit bull and rottweiler cross.

This is her...

Sorry the pictures are bad...my sister sent them to me with her camera phone. I don't know if you can even tell from those photos...but she has a similar looking face and the same type of black/brown brindle coloration. I wish I had a better picture.

·
Registered
802 Posts
That was so exciting, glad to hear things are going smooth with Tucker, hope to see photos on the class..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts