Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hunny Bunny
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leo is my girlfrieds Leopard Gecko, He/she hasnt been eating for a few days. He is a few months old. He is eating meal worms, could it be the meal worms? Should he be eating something else?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Sorry if you've posted this before but what is his current set-up? Tank size, temperatures (on both the cool side and hot side), substrate, etc.

Is it possible that he's about to shed? Many animals go off their food right before shedding.

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
he just got done shedding. he is in a ten gallon tank. does he need a light on him all the time when he has a heat pad?
What are the temperatures in the tank? Leopard geckos don't require lighting so it should definitely be turned off at night or when the tank is hot enough. What kind of bulb are you using? Does the heating pad have a thermostat?

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Without exact temperatures on both sides on the tank it's hard to help. Could you ask her? I'm also concerned about the heating pad, they can over-heat when not connected to a thermostat.

A 10-gallon is a bit small for a Leopard Gecko but I don't think that's the issue here.

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
You didn't mention substrate? Papers, sand, astroturf...?

Is he still defecating?

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts