Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I have red/black here at the moment.However I wanna add purple.I want purple hair...BUT if I put it in now,it will turn black.

So I need to somehow lighten my hair!

Tonight I just added Garnier bleach blonde to my hair...but it BARELY did anything.So does anyone reccommend any better brands or something else I can do??? I NEED to lighten my hair.

I do have a second box of the stuff I used tonight,which I am going to put in my hair in a few days to try and lighten it more.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
I cant help you *has no hair dye experience what so ever LOL*, but I cant wait to see the purple hair! :D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats okay.
I got some advice from some other people somewhere else.
I need to get a color stripper/bleach.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Huh? :confused:

·
Will It Ever Change?
7,346 Posts
yeah, just get a bleacher, and condition lots!!

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
If you have used any type of semi permanent dye which is more of a stain than a dye even a hair color stripper will not work. In a salon the term is called a silk cap and they did two in a row on me and would you believe the color would not budge, only on my roots where another permanent color was used. Lucky I have strong healthy hair because I was convinced after trying to strip it twice that it would just break off. So I hope you used permanent.

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
i just went thru a similar thing w/my friend Leesha! She dyed her hair wash out ("wash out") red and it wouldnt leave!! (not hardly even lighten)
so we went thru 6 diff things before we got it out!! haha....
we did 3 diff dyes (blonde ones...however dont use dye to remove dye, it doesnt work!!)
and 1 bleach
and 1 toner kit
and 1 more 'dark beige blond' and now she's mostly back to normal...LOL!

So only use bleach kits, specially made bleaching kits. Make sure it's 40 volume or higher and leave it on long enough that you see zero color! (or you'll be left w/reddish/orange colors)
we discovered that if she would have ONLY used this : (and waited for it to fully bleach the hair)
http://www.sallybeauty.com/radical-bleach-kit/SBS-140500,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair05-04
it would have worked the first time thru!!!!!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
I use henna or special effects hairdye (no animal testing or by products *vegan*)
& I've dyed my hair possibly every single color special effects has.Theres awesome purples.I also HIGHLY recommend "Manic Panic"...gorgeous colors..I think thats what you might be using though,because your color comes out great ;) It is hard to get dye out of light hair i'll say that much.My hair is supposed to be brown but of course I had to bleach it to get it to take the dye (or the color wouldn't show half as nice).
tarita2004 is right.you supposed to use the bleach kits.I use the kinds from: http://www.amphigory.com/ :)

You might start noticing eventually your curls going ...you have curly/wavy hair :yes:
I stopped using permanent when my hair got completely ruined (looked like straw)...it's starting to liven up again when I started using henna& i'm getting my curls back to normal (I was starting to miss them).Bleach will damage your hair...I can promise that...so make friends with conditioner...it's a MUST.Theres a way to get your curls back if they start to go though! I don't dye all my hair now...well not lately (I could never just have a 'natural color'...I wouldn't feel like me :S I just highlight it funky colors or just the bottom bit last few months :D (I do like brown in my hair too)

P.S. Google some homemade remedies for haircare...it helps keep your hair healthy...a must so we can keep haing awesome hair :D

http://www.pioneerthinking.com/hair.html <--pretty neat site!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys! Or girls I should say! :D

Actually as I am typing now,I have bleach blonde (it was a blech kit) in.Almost time to take it out.I used the same thing last night...so that is probably bad that I did it so soon after...but I really want the purple (which is Manic Panic BTW Melissa!! :D) to show up.I am noticing it lighting up pretty good.But the bottoms are the ones not cooperating! Thats where the black is,but even some of the red isn't coming out.So we will see what happens! I will update you later!!

I am also going to have a look at those sites later when I have more time!!!

·
Hello Earthling
4,729 Posts
I don't have any help because I always have the salon do mine but one thing I do know is red is hard to get out, and because your dying your hair so much your going to want to really condition it etc...

Can't wait to see the new hair.

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Well, if the black doesnt come out, IMO it would be super cool to have purple hair with black tips! :D

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hahaha...well I now have red,orange,pink and blonde hair.
The black came out...but the red didn't really...but I have multi-color hair now.It looks pretty neat...but I am still adding purple.

However I dunno...should I do streaks or the whole thing purple???

Here is what my hair NOW looks like...;)

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
i would just do some of it purple.

Actually it's okay that you bleached the second time right away. My aunt was a hairdresser and she always told me that what is done is done. If you bleach or dye right after you've done it your hair will take it better because it's already stripped.

In the future if you decide to do a wipe out again there are kits you can buy that are suppose to take the color out completely. They don't work that well but they'll do the trick if you're just going to dye over again. One rule is though, don't let bleach on your hair for longer then 45 minutes because after that it doesn't really do anything at all.

·
Paw Talk's prodicle son .
2,405 Posts
:lol:

And there's me thinking someones hair got struck by lightning.

The images :D

" :yikes: My hair is on fire ! My hair is on fire ! My hair is in fire "

* running in a circle with arms in air *

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL Jon!

Thanks Missy.
I didn't keep the bleach stuff I used in longer then 30 minutes.
Yeah,I was thinking just putting some purple in.
The container isn't that big anyway and my hair is so long/thick that it probably wouldn't be enough anyway! :)

Thanks for the help/advice/tips everyone!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I actually miss my red/black hair...:(

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
Juggalette shirt? :D i think..?:p

I would just do streaks of purple in your hair ...omg it looks awesome as it is,purple would be really nice in it! (Manic Panic rocks)...

& You look so pretty...as usual ;) <3

P.S. don't worry about bleaching it again so quick...we are all a bit anxious sometimes..thats what conditioner is for :lol: I bleached the ...um,whatever out of my hair cuz mines dark :rolleyes: & my hair always forgives me after& behaves :D
rawrs:p

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hehe...yup Melissa! The one you sent me a long time ago.I still wears and loves it! And thanks for the compliment! :D

I still never added the purple,cause I truly miss my red now.I want to go back to red.But because I already bought the purple,I don't wanna waste it! I paid $17 for that little container,so I better use it! :giggle:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts