Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Blitzen has started to kind of limp a little during our walks...but he doesn't do it at all at home. He kind of lifts his back legs all the way up, and it not frequently...about every 5-10 min. I've tried having him run in the apartment too and he didn't limp. Is this normal??

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Maybe his feet are cold? Does your city put down salt? Road salt can really irritate dogs' paws.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I was going to ask the same thing. My city goes crazy putting down salt in the winter and it hurts my dogs paws. If I don't put his booties on for walks he starts limping after he steps in salt. If he limps I'll usually brush his paw off for him and then he's usually okay.

But I use dog booties to protect his paws in the winter. If you don't want to use boots try looking up "Mushers secret". It's kind of like a paw wax that helps protect their paws.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
They don't put salt up here during the really cold months because the salt won't do anything in the -50's & -60's. But I'm going to be getting him little booties & a dog jacket too since he's starting to feel the cold because he's still a pup.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's what my mother-in-law thinks...so I'm gonna be getting him little booties and a coat to see how it goes. If he's still limping outside with the booties then I'm going to be taking him to the vet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts