Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have the problem of their ferrets moving around the litter boxes? I keep the one in the cage securely fastened, but what about the others around the house? My ferrets like to claw at the box, spilling litter everywhere, and then go behind it! Putting poops in the box does nothing to help. Any suggestions on keeping that box in place would be very welcome!

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Gunny, my ferret, loves to move the litter box on the bottom level and won't go to the bathroom in it much. I clean up her messes but she still goes right next to the litter box. Wish I coudl help more

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, thanks anyway. Maybe I'll go back to the double-sided tape to the floor. It doesn't work well, but it's better than nothing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
i have that same problem! they love to move the litter box around. I"m thinking of some of that double sided tape stuff to the wall next to the back of the box (or maybe some of those adhesive strips for hooks that come off clean?) let me know if you find anything!

·
Registered
115 Posts
I use sticky backed velcro--it works better than doubled-sided tape--still it is not the best. I also put down puppy pads in some corners(taping them into place) which does work really well!

·
Registered
381 Posts
I too use to have that problem with my male - so I had my husband drill two small holes in the back of the litter box and I zipped tied the box to the cage bars... no more traveling litter box.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts