Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again, 2nd question..I've had my 3 piggies for about 4 years now. Is it too late to try to litter train them? I heard you put their food and hay in their litter box because if they eat in there they will pee in there also. Is this true? Isn't that unhealthy for them to eat where they pee?

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
You can try, but I never had much luck with litter training piggers (mine were younger when I tried too)... As adorable as they are, they aren't exactly the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree when it comes to that sort of thing, LOL! So don't expect too much of them. ;)

What I did was put their hay in a hay rack above their litter box. Putting hay in the litter box is actually a great way to litter train small animals: That's what I do with my rabbit too. I put hay directly in his litter box (he despises racks), and he loves foraging through it and making little nests. He is pretty good about not peeing on it.
I would keep it in a rack for pigs though, because they aren't very careful about where they "go".

1 - 2 of 2 Posts