Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a sable Pomeranian that I want to breed, but I cant find any one to breed her with around here. I have checked my Vet and have even stopped people while walking there Poms. (Boy did they think I was crazy). Buffalo NY is not the place I guess for Poms. I dont know why, they are beautiful. If any one can help please do.

·
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome
2,224 Posts
Why do you want to breed your Pom?

Do you show her? Is she a champion? Have you had her hips and eyes checked? Have you had her checked for patellar luxation?

Do you have HOMES lined up for any future puppies?

These are just some of the things to consider before even beginning to think about breeding a dog. MILLIONS of dogs in America find themselves in shelters every year, and a huge portion of them are euthanised because there are no homes available to them. Please consider this first and foremost before deciding to breed your dog.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That's Why I Want To Breed Her. I Have Many Homes That Are Looking For Poms. And As I Also Said I Have Talked To My Vet. I Would Never Do Anything To Hurt Her. She Is Just Like One Of My Own. But I Also Think All Women Should Enjoy Childbirth Once And She Will Be Keeping One Of Her Own To Raise.(with My Help Of Course) :)

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
Do you have the money saved up to be able to afford an emergency c setion should it be needed? Often with small breeds the complications arise rapidly.

I also want to ask again what Rowan did.. have you had her tested for any and all possible genetic defects that are known to the Pom breed? Just talking to your vet is not enough. Has she been shown? What is it about her that would help to improve the breed?

·
Registered
654 Posts
lisi38 said:
But I Also Think All Women Should Enjoy Childbirth Once And She Will Be Keeping One Of Her Own To Raise.(with My Help Of Course) :)
What's different between us and dogs is that we can choose if we want to get pregnant. Dogs can't. Besides, not ALL woman enjoy childbirth LOL Please be forewarned that people have lost their small dogs from pregnancy and birthing complications.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are currently 566 homeless poms on petfinder!!!!! Do you want to add to the number??? Will you take them all back when they start having health problems because you did not get the certification on your *****es health???? What about when she dies giving birth will you then hand raise the pups evry 2-3 hours around the clock??? Asking people with pet poms to breed ARE YOU NUTS. You should be looking into the dogs background has he shown what are his health certs??? Have you shown you dog, what do her heakth certs look like???? All women should enjoy childbirth!!! Alot of women don't and by breeding her you are putting her at risk, she would be much happier spayed!!!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok Alot Of You Think I Am Going Into This Blind. I Will Be Working With My Vet On This. As I Have Already Said. She Has Been Checked Medically. No I Dont Show Her But She Does Have Her Papers. Andyes I Am Looking All Over For A Mate, But No I Would Not Just Take One Off The Street And Say Ok Go At Her. I Would Make Sure He Was Purebreed And Had His Papers And Was Medically Sound. I Love My Baby And I Would Never Do Anything To Hurt Her. When I Posted This I Was Asking If Anyone Knew Of A Male Pom Not For All This Negativety. I Thought People Were Supposed To Love Animals On This Sight. What Would You Do If You Do If You Didnt Have Your Animal Because People Were Negative To The Mothers Owner On Breeding. How Do You Think Us As Animal Lovers Get Ot Have Our Precious Ones? My Vet Will Be On Hand 24/7 When The Time Comes And She Will Get The Best Prenatal Care Than I Ever Had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.