Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone seen the show "Lost Tapes" that is on 'Animal Planet'. If you have, what do you think of the series? I think that it's an unusual show to air on 'Animal Planet'. I don't know how genuine it is. I do know that they have actors that play the characters, and it's supposed to be based on actual footage. What does everyone else think that has seen it?

·
Curmudgeon
1,843 Posts
I've completely stopped watching AP.

Since they no longer have real animal shows and have gone to a "reality" format, I no longer find them worth the time.

They used to have quality programming that was educational for both kids and adults. Now it's just trash.

I don't care to see idiots that don't know squat about animals, who insist on owning and handling animals. I have to deal with people like that on a daily basis in the "real" world.

This sounds like just another example of not-animal related programming on the no-longer-Animal-Planet-Channel.

sorry /rant off.

Bob

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you on the programming. They need to have more educational shows that help teach people about responsibilities of owning certain animals as pets.

·
Premium Member
4,212 Posts
I don't watch Animal Planet anymore either. I remember when I was a kid I use to watch it all the time, but that was back when they actually showed things like animal documentaries and stuff like that. The new reality type stuff and random shows that have little if anything to do with animals just doesn't interest me at all.

The National Geographic Wild (Nat Geo Wild) channel is much better than AP is now if you're looking for educational shows about animals. I think they also have some reality type shows but they show documentaries a lot more often than AP does. I don't watch much tv but when I do I usually check that channel first.

·
Super Moderator
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One of the reasons that I have an animal is to pull away from the television, video games, etc. I live in a small town and don't have National Geographic Wild yet. My town is one of the last ones in the area to get new channels.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts