Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
about 2 weeks ago I adopted two girls who were already QT'd .... I was going to do my own QT with them but the layout of the house made it impossible The babies were in the basement the colony on the main floor and my room on the second. GRR. But anyway my new girls are months old and perfectly healthy. they were supposedly the guys second " accidental litter" really? You house a male and female together and dont expect someone to get pregnant?

But I wanted to add some babies to my group and they were instantly accepted. I am done with GGMR lol its a pain in the butt lol.

But here are the new 3

Luna ( by far the most shy I actually still cant touch her)

Nova ( my bold girl she even took on Apollo lol)

Terra ( sweet and shy but fast)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
They are beautiful, so sweet! Give them time, especially Luna, to get used to things and settle in. It is a scary new time for them. I am sure with patience and letting them adjust to their new surroundings without rushing into holding them if they are shy, they will start to relax and trust you. :)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks :) I love them. we are taking it slowly she has started coming out during the day when I am around thats major progress but I hate that I have to hold the base of her tail for her safety.

I get Terra and Nova out and just let them explore me. Nova usually ends up in my hair as you see and Terra loves laying in a blanket in my arms :) with all 4 adults VERY comfortable with me in time I feel the babies will catch on to that I am a good thing I bring lots of healthy treats and fun lol.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You are right! The young ones will see the adult ratties being comfortable with you and take their lead. Good point!

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I hope so they seem to be learning. the adults see me coming and run for me lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts