Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i have a Non-Nuetered Male Rex Rabbit that is urinating on females. I myself haven't been urinated on as of yet, he only seems to do this to certain females.

I adopted him a few weeks back, seems to be pretty happy and laid back. Any ideas on what can be causing this action and how can bring this under control?

Thank You in advance for any advice.:)

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
Neutering him will definitely reduce marking and extreme territorial issues.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I going to have him Neutered at the beginning of the month, than i will see how his behavior / actions are than.

Thxs for the advice & Information

Rattlerr

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
It may take some time for his hormones to completely go away so be patient. Teddy was full grown when he was neutered. I thought that after one week he would stop his marking (by poos and little pees) outside the other bunny rooms. It took longer -it reduced frequency pretty quickly but did not completely go away for a few months. Now I can let him run the hall and he does not poo or pee outside the other buns rooms.

·
Betta Bomb
5,202 Posts
yes,neuter. maybe have the femaels spayed as well? when i lived with my cousin she had an unneutered male who preffered to spray urine around my unspayed girl-they were seperated though with C&C- he enjoyed playing with my spayed girl but not quite as interested ;) Good luck!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts