Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jeffrey about to swan dive into his bowl.

Jeffrey say "Oh Hai! I is cute."

Jeffrey the escape artist attempting a leap to freedom.

Another attempt...

I see a camera...I shall jump upon it.

BOINK!!! *

Tucker poses.

Wait...this is my good side.

Jeffrey "I can pose too!"

Boy! Help here. Fine. I'll pose you myself...turn your head THIS way...

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

...Tada! I'm adorable!

My turn on the wheel!
No! MY turn!
Back off!

Rathat.

Tucker: "I KNOW you have nommies"
Jeffrey: "I think they're over this way..."

Laptime

I shall stalk you and give you kisses.

Herroooooo!

Hi! I'm NIFTY!

SEEEE????

Sneaky Boys....

·
Registered
562 Posts
Omigosh! Too cute! And your son is adorable!!! They look like spoiled rotten little trouble makers! All four of them! :O)

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Super adorable! Looks like they are settling in so well with you! I love your captions for the photos. :)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Awwwww,they are cuties.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Soooo cuuute! :)
Love the black colour!

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
wow what an adorable bunch they are. they seem to have settled in as part of the family.
I love the captions and jeffery the dumbo is by far my favorit. I love the boink picture. lol.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Yumminess of Yogurt

Feeding the boys their nightly treat. Soy yogurt from my fingers. Nom. Nom. Nom.

Jeffrey, Windham, and Tucker

Jeffrey doing some serious Gnomming, and Windham guarding his own finger.

Jeffrey and Windham sharing better.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah...did I mention, they were potty trained? :D

·
Registered
60 Posts
They are so cute im jelous. They look like lil bundles of energy and joy. you have some great rats. I have been looking for a black rat of any kind I have a black hooded dumbo Pandora and a beige capped fancy Wynne a blue berk dumbo Belladona and a Celest which i am unsure of she is white with a grayish black spot on either side of her face and a sort of zigzag on her back not conected to and of her others color is she masked , dalmation, or a odd looking hooded? Either way i love her non the same. Have pics of them on profile and in post calld "new cage again" if you could help with identifying her markings.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks! They're my bubs! :) At the moment they are redecorating their cage with toilet paper from their toilet paper roll. Hehe.

Celest is an adorable doll. I did some searching, and she looks like some kind of cap striped rat. Her blaze is uneven, which is apparently a fault for showing, but that seems to be her markings? Her eyes look ruby too. Someone who knows can tell you for sure. I honestly have no real grasp of colors in rats. The greyish on her face looks like it's supposed to be black, but as we know, the black around the face can look a little washed out because the hair is thinner there.

A thought from what I've read though: She may be at an increased risk for developing megacolon at some point since I'm thinking her color/patterns mark her as a high white?

Example of coloring scroll down on this page: http://www.spoiledratten.com/breedingrats6.html

For more info on megacolon, there's a whole article on it on this site:
http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/f16/megacolon-the-dreaded-genetic-disease-44025.html

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Oh they are so sweet. I love Jeffery he is my favorit plus I love dumbos. And yes high whites and meg are not a pretty sight I have not had a proablem so far with some of my high whites but that dont mean that I never will. I have seen pictures though if ones that have it.
That is why if I have a high white I wait till they are 10 weeks to a year before I consider letting them even have a 1st litter then I retired them, after the litter but mostly they are ushally kept as pets.
But I love your ratty stroy they are so cute and perffet little gentalmen rats it seems. They seem to really love their nummys.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Thanks a lot i just took a look at both of those pages and it does look like her and she does have kind of a soft poo sometimes. Not all the time but still. Is there any thing that a vet can give her. She eats all the time and is active loves to play and take treats. I would really hate to lose her.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
They cant cure her if she dose have mega but they can give you stuff to help. Its a health probelm that will eventually end her life.
Story your rats are so cute and I love love love the Dumbo post more pictures of your handsome man rats. I love the fact that their black as well one of my favorit colors.

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya, what Diamond said.

There is no cure for Megacolon, since it is a congenital birth defect. Very young rats who start showing symptoms (early onset) have a poor prognosis. But, older rats who get it can have the condition successfully managed with medication.

I wouldn't panic right now. I'm not saying that she has megacolon. She may never have problems with it. Just know that I'm thinking she's at an increased risk for it and to be aware and watchful. I would say it would be wise never to breed her (not that you were ever planning that) because even if she never has it, her bubs will have a high risk for it.

And, thanks Diamond. I was pretty tickled with them this morning. I stopped by their cage with a hello, and usually they just kind of grunt and go back to sleep in the mornings. But today, they all three jumped up and ran to the door begging for attention. Then when I opened the cage to do some spot cleaning, they all swarmed up my arms and snuggled under my hair. Tucker even groomed me a bit on my cheek. *awwwwww.

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
Oh that is so cute I love when rats of all ages do that. Some of mine that are older look at me like I was sleeping and unless you open the cage and have treats I'm going back to sleep and others like little magnets to the cage its funny watching them spring to the bars like MOMMY!!!!!!. lol
And yes straven mega is something that can like stroy said be helped with meds when older on set but it shortend the life. early on set is 3 weeks latest is 10 months but between thouse times it can rare its ugly head. I would jut watch her maybe take her in to the vet every so offten to get her check ups they can always find things wrong even when your pet is not acting like its sick.
I have not had a problem with my hight whites, thier pups or breeding them but I never breed a high white to a high white. I did once but that was before I ever heard of mega thankfully all turned out well. But its not sugested to breed them adn some ratteies like the high white colors and focuse on them but they plan it carfuly but that sometimes is not enough you could have a couple generations then it shows up.
You shouls post more pic story of your little guys. I finally monday got mine but wanted to give them a few day to settle so later on today I am gonna get some pictures and post them. I have been bizy playing with them and really buildig a bond with them. I have them in the bath room QT even though I have not seen any syptoms and I know the breeder well I will leave them for 30 days to make shure all is well before I into them to anyone. Arent rats the coolest!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts