Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you all think??? I bet you will all agree that these cages are some of the best! I love mine.It got here in about 2 weeks after I ordered and was easy to put together,of course I got Jason to do it for me.It is nice and roomy too.

The ONLY problem I have with it,is the door sometimes swings shut and tonight actually swung back and hit poor Bluebell in the face,she was okay,but scared out of her wits! Poor girl.

I was given a little cage door clip thingy to hold the door open,but sometimes I don't use it.However after tonight,I am gonna use it from now on...because I do not wanna risk hurting one of the rats!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No,there are no springs on the door.I do have a clip thingy tho to hold the door open when I need to,so I will just have to use that from now on.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
I love these! My girls are in one, and I plan on getting one for Skewer as soon as I have the money. I think I will go with a bigger one than I got last time though, move the girls into that, and give him thiers.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
i love martins cages, i recently ordered one for my two rats and im still building and i must say, price wise its really nice how much you save and shipping only cost 20 bucks and for something that big, i was impressed

·
Registered
22 Posts
I absolutly love martin's cages. I got one for my rats and I love it. Its nice and roomy for them, they have lots of room to run around. Very durable and wonderful price-wise.

Only two downsides. One, mine took several hours to put together. Once I got all the mesh "sheets" set up the right way, I had to figure out how to put the little rings on to hold ot together. The other thing is its not quite appealing to the eye. Perhaps if they could make them in some animal chewing safe colors that would make them more fun. (I like my bedroom decour to match. ;) )

But overall, I give them an A. Very nice cages for what you pay for them. And I LOVE the optional flip-top lid. Great for catching unwilling ratties.... ;)

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmmm...only took me (well my man) like 15 minutes to get it all put together!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I love them too! I have a Martin's Rat Tower I used when I had my two rats and it was perfect...just great! I only paid $25 for it and a smaller cage actually :D
It was used, I bought it from someone but it was in great condition, just one small spot where the powder coating was rubbed off (it didn't matter because I covered the shelf with rubber matting anyway...)

I was thinking about it since I don't have rats right now, I was thinking how I could actually use the Rat Tower as a giant hamster cage, because the bar spacing is small enough for hamsters! :D

Here is a photo of my Rat Tower when I had all the rat toys in it--

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice looking cage Lizzi!

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
ztarwarzchic said:
I absolutly love martin's cages. I got one for my rats and I love it. Its nice and roomy for them, they have lots of room to run around. Very durable and wonderful price-wise.

Only two downsides. One, mine took several hours to put together. Once I got all the mesh "sheets" set up the right way, I had to figure out how to put the little rings on to hold ot together. The other thing is its not quite appealing to the eye. Perhaps if they could make them in some animal chewing safe colors that would make them more fun. (I like my bedroom decour to match. ;) )

But overall, I give them an A. Very nice cages for what you pay for them. And I LOVE the optional flip-top lid. Great for catching unwilling ratties.... ;)
yeah, same here, i had the feret mansion or whatever biggest feret cage they had and it took me at least a whole devoted day to assemble and the c rings and clamping gave my hands blisters

·
Proud New Mommy
2,432 Posts
:thumbsup: I love these cages. I had some for my chinnies. They came so fast when I ordered them, packed nicely, put together easy, easy to clean, and nice and roomy!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
My Martin's Cage is amazing, I love it. I'll never buy a cage from anywhere else. It didn't take long to put the cage together, but I do have to say it was a bit annoying of a process...but completely worth it.

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
I know this is an old post but I'm sure everyone will want to know this==

The 695 cage is coming equipped with bigger doors! I guess they got so many custom orders for bigger doors that they started making them that way.

Martins is awesome because they will customize their cages.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
Can you use the cages for mice? I don't have rats

·
Rodentologist
1,941 Posts
I like them a lot, too, but I find them a lot harder to clean than the ferret nations. :)

·
Fluffy Gerbilshorts
4,378 Posts
You could always email them with the cage you like and ask if they can use 1/4X1/4in mesh.
They do make cage toppers also.

·
Amateur Zookeeper
3,572 Posts
I think I am going to try those out!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts