Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dude's newest friend came home a few weeks ago. My daughter named her Daisy and she is a cutie. Dude took to her right away... she is very calm just like he is. She is a broken black just like Pip was only Pip was a Mini Rex. Daisy is a Holland Lop just like Dude. Here are a few pics...

This was taken the first nite when we were introducing her to Dude in the bath tub.

This was taken outside... she was 8 weeks old when we got her.

My daughter took this action shot. Daisy leaps thru the grass like a deer....... she looks so funny!

And here are the cuddle bunnies...

Dude is so much happier since we brought her home. Poor guy has had to deal with loss twice, first with Pip and then Ruby. I hope Daisy stays a while. If Pip and Ruby did pass because of grooming Dude, the super shedder.... I feel that I now have the shedding under control. The horse grooming stone has worked wonders. I also found those papaya tablets so hopefully that should help too!

Turns out that Daisy is show quality. We wanted the calmest bunny the breeder had and she happened to be it. My daughter is going to show her at the fair in August. She has been working on posing her every nite.

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Awwwwwwwww!

·
Resident Aquarium Nerd
9,930 Posts
Aww!!! :heart: She's so cute!

·
can't think of one, help
1,115 Posts
unbelivably cute bunnies, I love the one of them together and the one in the grass, and the one .......... all of them.

·
laugh often
1,690 Posts
they're so cute and look so cuddly and sweet.

·
Guarded by Waffles
2,921 Posts
Hi Daisy! You're so pretty!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks everyone...

So far Daisy has been a perfect match for Dude. He needed a calm friend especially since he has that head tilt.

There's one thing that I've noticed different about Daisy though. When I bring her outside for exercise, she doesn't get that sudden burst of bunny energy that all my past buns have gotten. When I was little, my mom called it "the rips" but I think I've heard it referred to as "binkys" here. Dude doesn't do binkys anymore. I'm assuming it could be dangerous for him since he doesn't have the balance that he used to. But I sure would like to see Daisy do some jumps and twists... it's so fun to watch. Does anyone else have a bunny that doesn't do binkys???

·
is a little "special"
4,131 Posts
Shes SOOOOOO cute! I wish I could get Smudge a buddy!

·
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes
2,934 Posts
OMG! I haven't been checking in much lately and I am missing really great things! She is absolutely darling. I really want a lop now I want one even more!
I am so very happy that she is making Dude happy. He has really been through a lot.
BTW Oliver and Ophelia never really binky. I am not sure why. I think that they don't like me much.
Give them both bunny kisses for me!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
They don't binky either? I'm glad to know that Daisy isn't the only one. I was starting to think there was something wrong with her! The other nite, Dude *tried* to do one. He got an all of a sudden skitter that made my heart melt cuz he hasn't done that since the head tilt started. His balance has improved a lot. At least he doesn't roll on his shoulder when I put him down anymore.

Daisy has been good for him. Unlike Pip and Ruby, she likes to hang near him when they are outside for exercise time.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts