Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at petsmart the other night picking up Emmas food and just looking at the hamsters as I usually do and my bf pointed out Moki to me he is the cutest little guy and I have been debating mice for over a year I just keep ending up rescuing some other pet as soon as I am ready to get one. So I had a fully assembled cage in my closet custom designed and ready only thing I had to get was food so I asked the woman if they could reserve him for me so we could come get him after dinner I didnt want to leave him in the car while we ate. He is so sweet he doesnt bite and gets daily out time which he doesnt really mind he is just jumpy I love him bunches I think I like smaller pets better than bigger ones as much as i love Yuki and Apollo. I ordered him a silent spinner and a ball since its not fair to make the boys share his bin is 345 sq inches. No I did not plan to get him but this was not an uneducated " adoption"

And my best guess at his color is a long furred satin light mock chocolate he has the SWEETEST face I have EVER seen ...

Currently he is getting about 15 minutes out a day but thats because he is shy all my pets get as much time out as they want but no ball time currently since the little ones cant use the ball on the carpet The rat boys get free roam in my room at times and then play time with us before one on one feeding time

But schedules aside and on to pictures

Moki's cage

And heres Moki :D

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
He is adorable! :)
Don't you just love mice? lol

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have for years :) i have had them since I was 16 and Moki is probably the cutest I have ever had I love Moki and Kodi :D And Apollo and Yuki :D And of course Emma lol

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Do not forget about your fish! lol

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have 3 fish Umi Spots and Echo

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Didn't you have another betta?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hinoko passed a little while back :( No idea what happened to her she just started being lethargic despite perfect water temp good water parameters and the best food we can get here

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Maybe she had an obstruction?

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
She didnt look bloated or anything I couldnt do anything to help her she wouldnt even eat :(

·
Mouse Obsessor
287 Posts
I had one betta that suddenly lost weight and eventually looked like a skeleton. Then one day his skin started falling off so I euthanized him. :(

I have pictures of him healthy and getting worse. It is weird to see. :/

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ANYWAY Moki is so cute and sweet buy so darn shy

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, he is just the CUTEST! What a sweetheart! So beautiful and such a gentle and adorable face. Mmmm! Give him my love! Great pictures! Looks like he has lots of fun toys to play with!

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
His silent spinner came today so he should like that ... Hopefully I can tame the little guy he is hard to catch and so scared of the world

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
I bet he will love his silent spinner. Great fun for lil mice! It is easy to understand how shy he is, poor baby. New home, new sounds, smells, surroundings. Patience and kind words and gentleness will all help of course. :)

·
Zoo Keeper
1,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
He has a wodent wheel but I wanted something more size appropriate

and I fully understand i am giving him his time and only short handling sessions

1 - 15 of 15 Posts