Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

Meet Mr.Pacman (naming help A.S.A.P)

10K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kala83 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes!! I got a pacman frog.I went a picked him up yesterday and he is so cute.

I got to choose from him and a brown female so I obviously went for the cuter more lively one and came home with this baby.

A green horned frog AKA a pacman frog.

The people I got him from were keeping them each on their own little tiny mini critter keepers type things so I think he's a little scared being in a big 12 gallon tank with 10cam + coco fiber to dig in (he was on coco and moss before but not enough to dig in) and a big water dish with just enough water to cover him but keep his nose and the rest of his head or should a say mouth uncovered because these little guys can drown in their dish (he also didn't have a dish) and I have a heating pad.Plus I'm working on getting live plants from a knowledgeable herper (reptile,amphibian keeper) so I know what I'm getting and I'm sure its safe so my little froggy.

He was being fed 1 live natal rat (african soft fur rat) pinky ever 2-3 days but no way I'm I feeding live mice or rats to him and plus they should only be fed once and week to once a month because their high in fat same with fish.But I did feed him a rosy red minnow this morning and tried to give him another this after noon but he didn't want it, and you'll see in some of the pictures powder on his mouth its calcium powder just so you know.Anyways I have to go and pick up some meal worms and more food tomorrow or Tuesday.One quick question about meal worms.Do you have to cut their heads off so they won't eat though his stomach.I read it on a pacman frog site but I thought it was crazy but better safe to ask anyways.

And as the title of this thread states I need help naming him. I've been calling him Jim and Jimmy but it doesn't seem to be sticking so I need help!!

OK.I'll stop blabbering and get to the pictures.

First we have the fish and reptile/amphibian rack-thing where I keep my reptiles and some fish.And I got the time so I will take you and a tour

Red-Cheerios Corn snake
Orange-Pacman frog
Green-Jesus Betta
Pink-Minnows with mini elite filter I think there is only 2 left (temporary housing)
Yellow-Water stuff
Blue-You can't see but the soon to be meal worm box in behind that stuff

Purple-food for the fish

Next we come to Mr.Pacmans tank.I beautiful 12 gallon bachelor pad with free rent and free food.Complete with new recently installed coconut fiber flooring and a stone pool.Also includes flora

More coming...

See less See more
#4 ·
Congrats, he's adorable! :D I have to say that I never quite believed the thing about mealworms chewing through the gut but at the same time, I very rarely feed mealworms to any reptiles. I'll let someone who feeds those a lot answer :).

#6 ·
Congrats! He is cute.I LOVE pacman frogs!

No,the mealies will not eat through his tummy.
I feed mealworms AND superworms to my leopard geckos and have been doing so for yrs.This is a myth! I have this myth many times before,but it is simply not true.

The acids and things will kill them first.
Also I notice when my geckos eat them,they often snap them anyway when they pick them up!

#11 ·
your set up is awesome I love it! and omg he is such a cutie.
I have to agree with feeding him mice or rats I love pocket pets and some day want to own mice myself the spiny ones are soo cute...

if I did ever own an animal that simply had to be fed that I would VERY much prefer to feed them the already dead frozen kind its actually better all around since live animals can do damage to animal trying to eat them if they choose to fight back.
I would love to get a lil pac man myself at some point...herps are fun pets.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.