Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally brought her home on the 15th! I haven't held her yet because I don't want to stress her out, but she is adorable! She discovered her humid hide today, so I took it out quickly so I get snap some decent pics of her.
So far, she has been very active and curious, and eats like a little piggy. Last night she devoured 6 or 7 dubia babies and 2 mealworms, and she had another mealie this morning. I was trying to get her to eat a dubia off my finger, but she tried to eat my nail instead LOL.

Here she is!

Bringing her home:

Exploring her viv:

Humid hide pics from today!

And here is her viv. You can't see it very well thanks to the lovely glare though.

· she-mayor of Whoville
298 Posts
Wow she is sooo pretty with those big expressive eyes and that grin :) I really like her :)

Sort of off topic, but I've been looking for a sturdy shelving unit, and I saw yours, where did you find it?!

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! :D

I got it at Target for $50. It hold 350 lbs per shelf LOL. I have my 15 gal aquarium and Stella's viv on it now, and I used to have Dudley and my hermit crabs on it too. It holds a lot of weight! I use it as a desk as well.

· Resident Aquarium Nerd
10,108 Posts
She's very cute! :D

I like your shelves, too :lol:. Do you remember what they were listed as? :lol:

· Registered
110 Posts
Shes beautiful =D love her eyes they look like albis though he doesnt have the same head shape. One thing i did with all my lizards was id lay my hand flat in the tank near them for a minute or two so they can get used to seeing it and eventually move it closer and see if i can get them to climb on me on their own.

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
Nice little friend!! As always, great pics :D I love her viv! So big and thoughtful! I've seen very hastily made up ones with weird backgrounds and little time or effort put into them. yours is fantastic :)

PS: I'm weird and I ws looking at the background and spying on your room, I have the same animal friend angel ^^ And I love the bamboo :)

· she-mayor of Whoville
298 Posts
I def need to get me those shelves :D

· is a little "special"
4,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone!! :D

Stella let me hold her last night and this morning! I did what MeteoraAngel was describing, and let her climb onto my hand. She is so sweet!
And she continues to eat enough for 2 geckos. :rolleyes: She devoured another 6 dubia last night, and 4 mealworms this morning. She remembers which dish I put them in too: Right after I put the mealies in it, she came out of her cave and checked the dish for bugs!

@Tiny and Sasami: LOL, I looked on the Target website and couldn't find the exact shelf I have, but it is like this one: Utility Shelf
Except the shelves on mine are 48" x 18". They must be cheaper in store though, because I paid half of that for mine!

@Amanda: Thanks! I tried to make it look nice. :D I can't stand it when my pet's cages look messy/disorganized LOL. I'm a neat freak.
And the angel is for Sunny and Wink's memory boxes. I have their pictures and belongings there, so I thought the little angel would be cute!

· Registered
2,020 Posts
:lol:
Leo's can be quite the little piggies. Wait until she not only knows which dishes the food is in, but starts "begging' for food when she sees you.

Almost every time I go into the room my geckos are kept in, they walk over to their food dish and look at me like "Hey lady, this dish is empty".
:lol: That is totally, what Julien and Cyrus do.:rolleyes:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.