Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We said goodbye to our beloved Stanley yesterday afternoon, thus marking the end of an era for us. Our house is now empty and quiet, but the memories of the past 2.5 years of our boys will fill our hearts forever.

Words will do little to describe Stanley, since he truly had a personality larger than life. He was a camera ham, a perpetual goofball. He loved to model his hands in particular, a trait which has earned him many fans here and elsewhere. :) His two favorite things in life, however, were eating and smelling the fresh air through an open window. I am so glad that the last two days of his life were blessed with beautiful weather so that he was able to enjoy the open windows one more time.

Memorial: Stanley (7/22/09-3/15/12)

I have made him a memorial video, available on their youtube page at the link above. That video will say much more than I can here about his beautiful personality and wonderful spirit. From his crazy, rambunctious youth (and his sumo-wrestling moves with his brother :lol: ) to his calm and collected adulthood, Stanley was a gem. There will never be another like him.

My husband and I are so grateful to have had Stanley and his brother Russell in our lives as long as we did, and we will always cherish the memories we made together. And now a bit of advice, which I am glad to have followed: cherish each day with your furry babies. They might not be here as long as we would like, but they fill our lives with love and joy every second they are with us. :heart: :heart:

·
Official Loofah Tester
1,365 Posts
Stanley you beautiful boy. My hand man Stan. We all--you Breyer, Vlad, and myself, started with our first ratties at almost the same time. It's hard to believe that we are collectively down to just one more boy, Tucker. Not only is the gang almost all back together again, they are all Together for the first time. There's got to be a special place for our seven boys, just for them alone in The Land of New Feetsies. :) Their own little personal man bar. Maybe the Rat's Nest. With all the sleek busy bossy girls they could hope for, and lots of treats and feets to keep them happy.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Stanley, my big handsome hand model and super ratty of amazing powers....I just loved the video Breyer..it said it all. I thought I would get through the entire video without any tears, trying to be brave and smiling at Stan's wonderful images and antics...and I almost made it. Not quite.

I loves, lurfs, loooves Stan and Russ and they ARE superstars, just like the rest of the fabulous seven that Story mentioned. Story is right, I bet that whole group is strutting around as a proud and fun loving Rat Pack, hanging at the rat bar with oodles of girls hanging on them. :confetti:

I too am glad Stan enjoyed fresh air his last couple of days..now he will have 24 hours a day of wonderful smells and fresh air all the time, yes? I am sure Russie is SO glad to see him. That has to help make you feel less sad? Those famous hands are probably already impressing the rat lasses. I love him, Marc loves him, we ALL love Stanley and what a spoiled emperor life he lived, as all rats should! What a very lucky boy. We send you our kisses Stan, and we will see you again someday, promise! Have lots and lots of fun and say hello to my two boys, okay?

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
By the way, I have to say, regarding your tribute video...do you know the sweetest picture of all of Stan that I loved? Those two photos of his sweet smiling face, looking very content and happy, peeking out of the mountain of white socks. Ratties do not get happier looking than that. What a sweetheart.....

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, you guys, for your kind words. And yes, Vlad, that photo of him in the socks is one of my most favorites, too. :) He was such a goofball. It's been really hard getting used to them not being here anymore. I still wake up in the morning and go right out to greet him, then realize he isn't here anymore. I always used to go greet them as soon as I got out of bed, then feed them and open the curtains and tell them what the weather looked like. So, I opened the curtains yesterday morning to a beautiful day, and told them both that they would have loved to smell the air through the windows. I'm sure they were already doing that, though. :)

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
You are right, they are both getting all the fresh air and yummy smells they can handle right now Breyer. Whenever they lift their noses. :)

I know how you feel right now as I am sure we all do. Our rat babies become so much a part of our household routine, in so many different ways, that when they are gone, the house feels so quiet and you still find yourself doing things like expecting to see them in the morning and doing the morning rituals and so it goes, throughout the day. We did the same thing when our boys were both finally gone. So I feel for you and I know it is very hard to adjust to. I am glad you are keeping good thoughts about your boys though and trying to keep a smile going. Hang in there. We are thinking of you.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, Vlad, I had forgotten to mention how I loved what you said about his "spoiled emperor life". I actually told Tony how fitting it was that his last day happened to fall on the Ides of March, because he was like our little rat Caesar. :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Awww, that is great!! What awesome timing for the Ides of March, that is so fitting. :)

Yes, I always believe all ratties deserve to be spoiled little emperors for sure. They deserve to be pampered like no other because they give so much of themselves to us. Nice! :dream:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts