I was feeling artsy today....

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Beautiful ratties.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Beautiful pictures!! Your girls are sooo precious. Thanks for sharing those, they are wonderful! :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I especially LOVE the first one of Minnie. That pictures actually got one of my VERY NON-RAT friends to say "Aww so cute.. I still wouldn't TOUCH it, but your rats are a lot cuter than I expected." I was impressed. :p

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Aww, your friend would eventually be won over by rats. They are so easy to fall in love with. Most people who say "eww" or "I wouldn't touch one" are people who instantly think of the image from media of vermin, sewer rats, the Plague and all that. I remember once when my vet was examining our boy rats, she said, "Comparing a wild sewer rat to a domesticated pet rat is like comparing a rabid wild wolf to a pet poodle." :D

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That's hilarious because I actually made that comparison to her!! "Domesticated rats and wild rats are as much the same as domestic dogs and wild wolves." She said she never looked at it like that. But it's sooo true!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Aww, they are so cute!! I especially love that second one! :D

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
That is so funny that you said the same thing to your friend, ha ha. Good job!

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
Your friend will soon love them! Hehe,I have managed to win people's hearts over too by letting them meet some of my sweetest rats. I also like using that comparison...a pet rat is as different as a wild rat,like a dog is as different from a wolf.

·
Registered
83 Posts
awwwhhh they are gorgeous, I really have fallen in love with rats i just want to get a million more :)

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Kami, come down to Vancouver and you can have some of mine!! LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts