Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my partner are considering buying two rats, however i miss my gerbils terribly and would love to have more. i was wondering whether it would be ok to have them both, not in the same cage of course, but in the same house. my partner thinks that they will never relax as they will be able to smell each other, but i was thinking that if they were bought together and very young, they would become accustomed to each other quickly and be ok. what does everyone else think? as i really don't want to put them in any position that could make them uncomfortable or unhappy

thank you
Charry

·
Rat-Taz-Tic-ly Addicted
1,162 Posts
They should be fine as every one siad. aslo after you play with one type before you play with the others you can wash your hands. Even though they can smell one another they may not like the smell on them or in their cage. I have rats and Gerblis and other pets and after each one I wash my hands. Also Qurintine each type sepretly becuase you dont know what one or the other has or get them checked by a vet before placeing them in the same room. its always better safe then sorry. Some qurintines are diffrent for diffrent things I awlays do a 30 to 60 days depening.
But you should be ok with them in the same room if not put one in one room and one in the other.
Diamond

·
RAT ADDICT
19,199 Posts
It'll be fine,as long as they are housed separately.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts