Paw Talk - Pet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
moe thinks hes the baby its totally cute my mom bought a baby bassinet yesturday for us, and moe clammed it as his bed he jumps in and out of it since its sitting in our living room,at the moment just thought id share this video with you guys i hope the video works :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jX2tkg94Uhw

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Oh, you didn't get the memo? He is! Man I can't believe he forgot to tell you! LOL

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Well as long as you got what it was LOL

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That is cute but....

you really do want to teach Moe now, right away, that this bassinet is not for him, other wise he will be jumping in when the baby is in there.
not really worried about this but thank you for the concern as the cats will not be allowed in the babies room at any point.and moe is terrified of the sound of a baby but thank you again for the concern

· It's all for them
603 Posts
not really worried about this but thank you for the concern as the cats will not be allowed in the babies room at any point.and moe is terrified of the sound of a baby but thank you again for the concern
But that's just it. If you don't want the cats in the baby's room, the time to teach them that is now.

If you let them claim the nursery and the cradle, they won't understand later when they are no longer allowed and it can cause more problems, more stress for them, when they will already be feeling stress from the other changes a baby will bring to their lives.

Teach them now that those places are off limits, so it will not even be an issue.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But that's just it. If you don't want the cats in the baby's room, the time to teach them that is now.

If you let them claim the nursery and the cradle, they won't understand later when they are no longer allowed and it can cause more problems, more stress for them, when they will already be feeling stress from the other changes a baby will bring to their lives.

Teach them now that those places are off limits, so it will not even be an issue.
the cribs not in the nursery right now, its just in the living room. they already know that the nursery is off limits. but again thank you for your concern.

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Nibbler, it sounds like you know what you're doing! Just gonna keep the door shut or a baby gate up when the baby is here?

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nibbler, it sounds like you know what you're doing! Just gonna keep the door shut or a baby gate up when the baby is here?
we have lots of baby gates 8 to be exact hubby is kind of a nervous daddy and forgets we already had them before he bought the new one :Dits cute but annoying, im not due till the end of june. totally cant wait

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Aw! Yea I think you have things under control and you know how you are going to deal with Moe too! Of course I want pictures!

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Aw! Yea I think you have things under control and you know how you are going to deal with Moe too! Of course I want pictures!
if you check in search under tummy monkey i have pictures of my first ultrasound :D and many more to come

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
I'll check it out! I wanna see when they're born too!

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
Congrats!! As for the kitty getting in with baby. . . Um, what's wrong with that? My 2 sisters and I have have cradle cats and my niece Chloe also had a cradle cat. I know little Chloe LOVES cats like nothing else and has all kinds of cat toys. I think it establishes a serious bond.

As for the folklore on cats smothering babies, show me proof. It's all wives tales. If the cat is mature and settled down there should be no problem. I wouldn't put a kitten there but I never had a problem with cats! Just saying!

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
Eleanor was with me since birth. She was like a second mother to me...heck she paid me more attention that my real mom (she was busy with her step son/my half brother) So I say Eleanor raised me. She was there looking out for me until the day she died...and still is. I think if it weren't for her (I still talk to her even if she's not physically here) I would not be the "sane" person I am today. I would have lost it YEARS ago after she left. Eleanor adopted me the day they brought me home and the only reason I wasn't allowed to sleep with her anymore is becasue my mom freaked out that I was BARELY allergic to cats and dogs...but still slept with the dog...i don't get that one...ANYWAY If Nibbler wants to let Moe in the nursery or whatever it's her cat, and her kid. I won't tell her what to do and no one else should either. It's her life, her family, and in the end her decision.

· It's all for them
603 Posts
Congrats!! As for the kitty getting in with baby. . . Um, what's wrong with that? My 2 sisters and I have have cradle cats and my niece Chloe also had a cradle cat. I know little Chloe LOVES cats like nothing else and has all kinds of cat toys. I think it establishes a serious bond.

As for the folklore on cats smothering babies, show me proof. It's all wives tales. If the cat is mature and settled down there should be no problem. I wouldn't put a kitten there but I never had a problem with cats! Just saying!
To clarify I do not think there is anything wrong with cats and babies together. I also grew up with cats. But not everyone feels that way.

I've read too many threads about people dumping their cats because "the cat won't leave the baby alone" or some other similar lame reason.

If you don't mind the cat sleeping with a new born, that's lovely. :) I only mentioned it in an effort to forestall a serious problem later and to help Moe, because it would be very confusing for him to suddenly be told he can't sleep in a spot he's been sleeping in for six months.

And if he is allowed to claim that cradle, then the baby is put in it, and he is told that is not his spot any more, problems could develop. It was for Moe's sake that I spoke up, not the baby's.

· Guarded by Waffles
3,257 Posts
I don't think Nibbler had any intention of letting Moe think that...it was just a cute shot so she shared.

· Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't think Nibbler had any intention of letting Moe think that...it was just a cute shot so she shared.
you hit that one right on the nail i didnt post the video to turn into an arguement or debate. everyone has there own opinion . i just posted it because it was a cute moment and i just happened to have the camera in the livingroom.

· Betta Bomb
5,417 Posts
I was not arguing or debating! lol I don't think anyone was. Stating of opinions is all. And yes, I know it was a cute shot and yes I realise it's no one else's decision but Nibbler and her man as whether to let the cat in the nursery or not. :p

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.